A potential Rocket Rider - another Aussie

Basil

.020 Over
Ride
BMW650GS
Hi All
So I went for a ride on a 2010 roadster the other day...... and well lets just say I am now deciding between two second hand ones.

I live in Sydney and ride everyday as I commute to work and the family runs one car. While I suspect the roadster might be a bit of a handful in daily traffic I just loved it. And thought well why not, how bad could it be :) just need to pull the trigger and do it I suppose.

Well that is about a good an introduction I can write off the top of my head. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice I know I will be getting to my questions ( I have been lurking around reading the site for a while as I was deciding wether the roadster was the right bike or not).

My first question is (and I have done a fair bit a searching but can't find the information), is it possible to move the Roadster foot pegs back about 3-4 inches?

Cheers
Basil

G'day and welcome Basil .. once you've ridden a Rocket you pretty well know if it's a good fit for you or not. You keeping the GS ? .. be a better commuter through Sydney traffic , guess you know that. As far as moving the pegs around , anythings possible but I don't know of a 'kit' that will bolt straight on and move them back.

G'day and welcome Basil .. once you've ridden a Rocket you pretty well know if it's a good fit for you or not. You keeping the GS ? .. be a better commuter through Sydney traffic , guess you know that. As far as moving the pegs around , anythings possible but I don't know of a 'kit' that will bolt straight on and move them back.

Thanks Tomcat, yep the GS is a great commuter. However I will only keep one bike, as I pretty much only ride Monday to Friday until the bubs are bit older. While I love the GS I loved the Roadster even better was just a hoot. I am 6'2" and felt right at home on it. And I figure what the heck, may as well have a laugh on the R3 for a while. So just need to see if I can get the price right.

Welcome and wow your 6'2" and you want the pegs further to the rear I would think your legs would be to long for that and stay comfortable? Are you sure your were on a Roadster and not a older standard?

Welcome and wow your 6'2" and you want the pegs further to the rear I would think your legs would be to long for that and stay comfortable? Are you sure your were on a Roadster and not a older standard?
Yep, probably only because I am used to the GS positioning. I found it quite uncomfortable to have both feet on the road and pushing the bike around (yes I know, should be riding it :) but I wanted to check out the parking ability. Also every time I put my feet down I kept banging my calf. I know it will just be a case of getting used to it. When I took a 1200GS for a demo I kept banging my shins against the engine heads. but overall the pegs are fine as all of my riding at the moment is city based 28km at a time (so 56km a day return), nice to have my feet under me in traffic.

Yep, probably only because I am used to the GS positioning. I found it quite uncomfortable to have both feet on the road and pushing the bike around (yes I know, should be riding it :) but I wanted to check out the parking ability. Also every time I put my feet down I kept banging my calf. I know it will just be a case of getting used to it. When I took a 1200GS for a demo I kept banging my shins against the engine heads. but overall the pegs are fine as all of my riding at the moment is city based 28km at a time (so 56km a day return), nice to have my feet under me in traffic.
Welcome basil this28 km trip into the city sounds like it might take a while the r3 I have found travelling through Sydney on a warm day with all the stop starting in the traffic with the added heat radiating up of the road and the motor did make things a bit uncomfortable, but if you can put up with that they are an enjoyable bike to own

Welcome basil this28 km trip into the city sounds like it might take a while the r3 I have found travelling through Sydney on a warm day with all the stop starting in the traffic with the added heat radiating up of the road and the motor did make things a bit uncomfortable, but if you can put up with that they are an enjoyable bike to own
Yep it is minor concern. Fortunately my ride is pretty quick as I get T3 and Bus lanes. My ride currently is taking about 40 mins. There are a couple of bottle necks that can slow me down. But I leave home at 7am ish to beat traffic

Welcome to the site mate. The r3 is truley awesome and I ride mine to work every day but not in city traffic. Infact when I do have to ride it in peak hour I find it to be a chore more than enjoyable so I would definitely not recommend it as a city commuter

Back