A new theory

I really can't see that Triumph would rely on a bearing seal to retain oil pressure, and if it was the case I think a lot of engines would have had issues once the frond bearing cage disintegrated.
plenty riders replaced that thing me included in 2011 with help from " rocket scientist "with the factory kit with no ill effect thereafter

I know the chain must be the same is mine has 170 links [made by D.I.D in Japan] but there is some confusion going on as the guides I received are totally different to my ones,the guy at the shop needed to know my engine number because his parts list said things changed after a certain number????. When I fit the new chain I will mix and match the guides to get the most travel on the tensioner.
My old guides are fine just the chain is out of spec. I even got a second hand chain [$35]off bike that had done 7000kms but it also was out of spec, very strange.
I'm making a tool today to hold the cam shafts via their hex's not the sprockets which will be more accurate and allow better access and view of timing marks. Photos to follow.

I looked at each year starting with 2005 and found this listing starts with year 2011 and continues up to 2018.....note the engine # info:
6:
CHAIN, CAM DRIVE, 170 LINKS T1143200
Eng No 362330 >

1 Ships within 1 to 2 business weeks $114.71 $114.71

BUT ALSO NOTE THIS! There is still another part number listed for the cam chain, item # 6 in diagram.....same one originally listed for your bike and mine:
6:
SPRS KIT,CAMCHAIN & SPROCKETS T1141127

1 Ships within 1 to 2 business weeks $80.18 $80.18

Last edited:
Up grade the guides and the sprockets then order this chain IMG_0647.JPG Problem solved.

Back