a new convert to the dark side

I dont get quite the confidence I am after when cornering greatly at slow speed ( i live on a twisty mountain rd) and I am missing the neutral steering of a MC tyre.I will go back to a MC tyre to realise what I have missed for the past 30000 klm or so,next tyre change. I do like the great braking and grip under acceleration of the 225 though and would miss that ,as well as the economy factor.

I was discussing this at the pub with some other WA R3 riders and wondering if the dark side would be good for our long straight roads. I dont think there is a serious twisty between Perth and Darwin

All those twisty off camber Tassie roads getting to ya?:mrgreen:

I reckon they are ,Zim....Strangely my hips have been giving me a pain since the SAlvo in march, which puzzles me .I am commuting 3 or so days a week 74klm round trip , half of which is on a really bumpy slow and twisty mountain rd where I live.

I f lived where there were predominately straight roads , i would a) go insane
b) run a car tyre without a shadow of a doubt!

I dont get quite the confidence I am after when cornering greatly at slow speed ( i live on a twisty mountain rd) and I am missing the neutral steering of a MC tyre.I will go back to a MC tyre to realise what I have missed for the past 30000 klm or so,next tyre change. I do like the great braking and grip under acceleration of the 225 though and would miss that ,as well as the economy factor.

i agree with you about its easier on the twisty mountain with MC tire but i will give that up for the great grip the CT offer.

Back