A few Bugs After the assembly

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
As I was bragging a bit before . The bike is running . Seems good to me .
BUT there are a few bugs. First is the Engine management Malfunction light >> it is on, and I have no idea about where to look for a loose connection. The bike starts right up , no back firing , can't tell about the high speed because I wanted to keep the test run close to home. I did shift through all gears and the engine seemed to perform OK.
Is there a reset procedurere on this light. My truck will have a Maint Due light come on , not because anything is wrong just the mileage. Can reset myself.
Next is the Tach> It is all over the place Bounce between 2 & 8 K
Last is the fan motor ,not coming on. I hooked up the cable but will need to check it again.
As far as I can tell , that is it.
NO NOISE FROM THE TRANNY OR DRIVESHAFT

Again Thanks for help the help out there. I could not have come this far w/o it. The workshop manual leaves out a whole bunch

Glad to here its coming together for you. I would double check the fan plug to make sur eit click in if not it migh have vibrated out. You should be able to reach it thru the right side neck cover. The engine light could be on from this. If you had tune boy or the other brand tune ecu you can test the fan and tach along with a few other things but the best thing is you can read the error code in the ecu corect the error and clear it. If it is nothing major and its a simple thing like not plugging something in and it gets correected the engine light will go out after soem cycles. Make sure you check any pulgs/sensor you might have disconnected during the bearing replacement speed sensor, oil sensor, gear sensor are a few that come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the gas tank off to double check all connectors. Theses ae the times I miss my old Airhead BMWs that could be field strit along side the road.

Look what I found. I like to check the fuze block when I start a eletrical trouble shoot . Pulled the 30 Amp fuze . Looks blown>>No way it had enough heat to weld the two legs together. Only way I can figure this happned was when the bike was having trouble starting if the battery was low it would draw a lot more current.Could have happned a long time ago. Fixed that when I first got it and cleaned the starter terminal.
I have never seen this happen before. I also replaced the fan & eng mang relays. Both loked like the legs had some corosion.
http://marooney.smugmug.com/photos/i-hNrwKG3/0/M/i-hNrwKG3-M.jpg

To top it off I just came back from the shop , and tried to install a new 30 Amp fuze into the connection. The heat had melted the plastic around the the female spade connections/. Now I will have to break loose the Fuze box to somehow get the blade holders back into position.

Tell you what folks. This one thing after another sucks. seems like a 2 mile train with each car a new problem.
It was 80 deg sunny out today. Most bikes were out on the road , mine is still in the stand with new troubles.
I still have the Vstrom. It just runs like the wind. Give it a new dose of oil on occasion , and the chain a squart of lube , and it will go anywhere.
If this keeps up I may look at parting this beast out. I have been wanting one since they came out. Looks like I got one of the rotten apples. Trouble is that when it runs , it is like riding on a dream bike.
No matter what it will be a while before I trust it very far from the house.

Back