A constructive word of advise

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
As Noltons and R3tex helper on the RAA Texas Launch, it has been brought to my attention that some members have second thoughts a obout attending due to the incresing politics talk and ocassional derrofatory refferences from one member to the next.
It has been a 9 year tradition for the Rocket riders to leave their personal beliefs at home and just enjoy the good times.
Steve Scowherd started it this way and it worked beautifuly!
I encourage everyone to go to RAA Texas and see that even Mexicans are good people once you get to know us:D
Hope to see everybody there!!!:)

Wow one person threatens to kill Phil
And gets tossed
Everyone starts getting all polite
Everyone should know that 99.9999% of the crap that gets flung around this site
Is flung in jest
There should be no worries about attending a raa event
Everyone has a great time
Everyone is very nice
Everyone is usually packin heat
And everyone has a great time and makes lifelong friends
There great get togethers and no one should worry you will be safe
We all have a common bond
That bond is the best bike on the planet

I never met a rider i did not like at RAAs. Even the guys that i thought were troublemakers are great people, ihad some disagreements with some online, when we met in person we became good friends:)

It's all true
But the forum has had quite a bit of negativity lately and it's not fun.
I think we need a group hug!!
We can put the goat in the middle.:D:eek:

I must wholeheartedly Agree with you there seem to be a few that thrive on making someone else upset, to the point where in the last couple of weeks 2 people 1 fellow Aussie and 1 long time .net member have contacted me via e-mail to say they want to keep in touch but not thru here, this I think is very sad. I must admit at times I am ashamed of some of my Aussie co-members postings and at time felt like pulling the pin and leaving here but my Dutch stubbiness and the fact that I have made so many friends both here and overseas thru this forum is what has kept me here

As Noltons and R3tex helper on the RAA Texas Launch, it has been brought to my attention that some members have second thoughts a obout attending due to the incresing politics talk and ocassional derrofatory refferences from one member to the next.
It has been a 9 year tradition for the Rocket riders to leave their personal beliefs at home and just enjoy the good times.
Steve Scowherd started it this way and it worked beautifuly!
I encourage everyone to go to RAA Texas and see that even Mexicans are good people once you get to know us:D
Hope to see everybody there!!!:)

I would love to be there but can't. Since my company got bought by Agropur (Yoplait yogurt is one of their main products) which bills itself as a big "people company" our benefits have been cut drastically. One of the new ones is, instead of starting January 1st with your full number of vacation hours (in my case 160) we now start with zero. For each month we work, we accrue a certain number of hours. Because I have been off for 8 months fighting cancer, I have "zero" vacation time. This is time I earned last year ! In effect they stole an entire year's worth of earned vacation from us. Nice bunch eh ? Oh ya, they also hired someone for my automation job, so I've been bumped back to "*****mechanic", the job I started out in 18 years ago. They had an automation guy from one of their other plants in our plant who could have covered for me. I would love to tell them to jam it in their ass, but jobs around here are scarce. Especially if your 54 years old, and have a dubious medical history. I guess it "is what it is", thanks for allowing me to vent.

P.S. Please don't tell me I should feel fortunate to still have a job. I've heard a lot of that **** lately. Americans are so worried about losing their piece of **** jobs they are allowing companies to walk all over them. I've never been a fan of unions but now see why they were created in the first place. The pendulum has swung WAY the other way.

I would love to be there but can't. Since my company got bought by Agropur (Yoplait yogurt is one of their main products) which bills itself as a big "people company" our benefits have been cut drastically. One of the new ones is, instead of starting January 1st with your full number of vacation hours (in my case 160) we now start with zero. For each month we work, we accrue a certain number of hours. Because I have been off for 8 months fighting cancer, I have "zero" vacation time. This is time I earned last year ! In effect they stole an entire year's worth of earned vacation from us. Nice bunch eh ? Oh ya, they also hired someone for my automation job, so I've been bumped back to "*****mechanic", the job I started out in 18 years ago. They had an automation guy from one of their other plants in our plant who could have covered for me. I would love to tell them to jam it in their ass, but jobs around here are scarce. Especially if your 54 years old, and have a dubious medical history. I guess it "is what it is", thanks for allowing me to vent.

P.S. Please don't tell me I should feel fortunate to still have a job. I've heard a lot of that **** lately. Americans are so worried about losing their piece of **** jobs they are allowing companies to walk all over them. I've never been a fan of unions but now see why they were created in the first place. The pendulum has swung WAY the other way.
Fred that is really bad news about losing your vacation time from last year. Corporate Suits are arsehole all smile with knife behind their back just waiting to get you

Back