5th gear whine

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
I decided to wear my skull cap it was a lovely day until..... I heard a slight whine on reel off in 5th Im guessing bearing is on its way out, its a 2006 classic with no recorded history now has 25k miles thinking changing all bearings plus ones on output shaft is there anything else besides bearings I should consider besides the pesky detent spring

my has whine in all gears now it is near 50000 it does not whine as much or i can not hear as good lol
ps
i forgot my helmet and was surprised how much noise

my has whine in all gears now it is near 50000 it does not whine as much or i can not hear as good lol
ps
i forgot my helmet and was surprised how much noise
In that case I will continue on and wear a proper helmet⛑️ I'm a sucker for punishment I love it when the rocket gets me on the ropes I just cuddle it to death

Im not endorsing im just sharing i use tungstein dissulfide in my gear boxes and in grease to pack bearings, and it quiets geaeboxes and the grease after removing my rear end looks new, i change ouls regular in all my gearboxes in all my vehicles and they all get it. I do not add to engine oil on bike but all other without wet clutch gets it Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) Low Friction Coating per AMS2530

Back