3 to 1 exhaust alternative question

@Imfastoo sold me the pipe I'm running.
20180810_131026.jpg

Looks like I missed this thread, probably when I was banned for some trivial crap.

Anyway, I have made a pipe just as you are suggesting, the trouble is you are poking all 2300 CC's worth of Exhaust down one restrictive muffler, I don't think you would like it.

Looks like I missed this thread, probably when I was banned for some trivial crap.

Anyway, I have made a pipe just as you are suggesting, the trouble is you are poking all 2300 CC's worth of Exhaust down one restrictive muffler, I don't think you would like it.
Hey Paul I started this thread before I put in my order for your slip on. I realize it's not optimal but you gotta start somewhere lol..Thanks for chiming in on the subject,its good to hear from you. I'm anxious to get that sucker on. I plan to order the header portion around December time frame... Last we corresponded you mentioned a local guy in your area with a similar set up going in for a dyno run . How'd that go?

Question, With the one sided exhaust, with a properly flowing muffler, isn't the end effect a boast in hp in higher rpms, but a loss of low end torque ?

Question, With the one sided exhaust, with a properly flowing muffler, isn't the end effect a boast in hp in higher rpms, but a loss of low end torque ?
I think the header pipe size does more of what you are referring to. The larger the header pipe the more the torque curve slides up the rpm. Our bikes have more torque than can be used in stock form so it is gladly traded for gains at higher rpm. I haven't noticed any loss in low end torque with my open no muffler pipe. If I had my dream setup (of which I have several) I would bolt on a Carpenter Header, 240 kit and have @Paul Bryant make a free flowing muffler for it. Probably 2-2 1/2" inner diameter or whatever he recommends.

Back