2020 Rocket 3R Hot Engine.....

bzboy01

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III R
Hi. I have a 2020 Rocket 3R and I just did the 1000 km service. Recently I have been feeling hot air coming from the engine side. On the right side of the bike where it says Rocket 3R, the engine portion gets real hot. Is this normal? We have hot weather here (35 deg C). Can someone please share their experience. Thank you....

jackrotten

.060 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
You shouldn't be feeling hot air. The metal pieces should be radiating heat, but no actual air should be blowing out. Headers loose?
I only ever feel heat from the shields and I live in a hot desert environment. Guess I'm going to learn for sure once the dead of summer hits.

Last edited:

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Hi. I have a 2020 Rocket 3R and I just did the 1000 km service. Recently I have been feeling hot air coming from the engine side. On the right side of the bike where it says Rocket 3R, the engine portion gets real hot. Is this normal? We have hot weather here (35 deg C). Can someone please share their experience. Thank you....
If its stationary and intermitted most likely the radiator fan kicking in which is normal

estoma

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R, VMX17, RC8-R, GL1800, H-D Breakout, R18
The engine does get hot in hot weather. We have had a sweltering summer in SA. The Rocket has two radiator fans. The one on the righthand side blows air over and past the exhaust headers, which causes it to feel hotter. The main thing is to keep your Coolant Temperature in view on the dash - the engine should generally live between 4.5 and 5 bars with the Chronos theme. Not sure about the Quartz theme. There is also a high-temperature warning light that will light up if the engine temperature gets out of hand.

JPHDT

.060 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT - 1999 HD Road King
As far as you are not stuck in a traffic jam, it is uncomfortable but it is OK. When I am back home to park the bike, I remove the seat. It is so hot around all theses plastic parts...

bzboy01

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III R
The engine does get hot in hot weather. We have had a sweltering summer in SA. The Rocket has two radiator fans. The one on the righthand side blows air over and past the exhaust headers, which causes it to feel hotter. The main thing is to keep your Coolant Temperature in view on the dash - the engine should generally live between 4.5 and 5 bars with the Chronos theme. Not sure about the Quartz theme. There is also a high-temperature warning light that will light up if the engine temperature gets out of hand.
I am feeling the hot air from the right side of the seat and from the right side of the engine and its mostly when the bike is idle like stuck in traffic. I am watching the coolant temperature on the dash, and it seems normal. Just thought I should ask everyone here for their feedback.

bzboy01

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III R
As far as you are not stuck in a traffic jam, it is uncomfortable but it is OK. When I am back home to park the bike, I remove the seat. It is so hot around all theses plastic parts...
That's what I realized this morning. The plastic parts around the engine were all hot, which seemed alarming.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock