2019 Yamaha Niken Gt

Interesting, is that a "pressure relief channel" in the middle of the seat ? ;)

CHANNEL.jpg

IMG_20180919_162837353.jpg

This is the last 3 wheeler that I owned. Had it about 1 month. Got it all working the way it was designed, sold it to one of my friends up in Eagle River Wisconsin as a way for him to get back and forth to town, 5miles, as his eye sight is too poor to hold a driver's license.
For an electric, it shocked me....

These utility bikes have been popular in industries with large floor under roof (think big aerospace, automotive, etc) for a century or more, and continue to be so.

Not my cup of tea either but like the idea. Pretty brave move on their part. Unique design with a practical side. $ell you could ride that thing anytime whether snow or ice on the road.

Not my cup of tea either but like the idea. Pretty brave move on their part. Unique design with a practical side. $ell you could ride that thing anytime whether snow or ice on the road.

That is why if I lived somewhere where there was ice/snow, this would be my winter ride. I am more of a function over form guy. the other consideration would be enough electrical capacity to run stuff to keep warm. Once things work the way they need to, then I consider the form. Useful beats pretty in my book.

I spent a moment or two yesterday really looking at the beast (online). And I like it - a lot.
I was looking more at the GT version with luggage and better screen.
Read a couple of road tests and they all say the same thing - the front end grip is inspiring. Shame it is not a shaft drive.

The biggest issue I see right off - FRONT Tyres. The only 120/70R15 I can find are scooter tyres with low speed ratings.
What I have not yet discovered is "Can you lock it upright at standstill?"

Well done Yamaha for challenging perceptions.

18K is s bit steep though. And I think that may do more damage than the concept. That said the 3 wheel scooters (sam config) sell well despite the higher prices - Why? - wet weather handling.

Back