2015 Roadster suspension questions

PEKAY

.020 Over
Ride
2015 ROCKET ROADSTER
I'm interested in your opinions regarding Progressive fork springs as I've noticed many Rocket riders have installed them. I feel that the stock rear shocks aren't too bad, but the front forks seem really inadequate considering the weight of the Rocket being so far forward. Rough spots in the road are downright bone jarring. I'm not a twisty rider, I mostly commute and pleasure ride. My desire is to increase the front end's dampening capability to achieve a smoother ride. I know a lot of folks here have installed Progressive fork springs for better handling in the twists, but will these springs provide me with a smoother ride on rough roads? I still have the OEM Metzlers on front and back soon to be replaced with Avons. My second question is, if you went from a Metzler to an Avon on the front wheel and also installed the Progressive fork springs and achieved a smoother ride, how much would you attribute to the Avon, and how much would you attribute to the Progressive fork springs? Are Metzlers just lousy road tires? I've never ridden on them before but I really like Avons. Your thoughts are appreciated.

While I feel like the shock/fork setup on the Rocket is fine, my experience with Progressive on my Harley was a vast improvement. Now that is not saying much as the stock air shocks on my RK and the front oil damped spring in the fork were nothing to write home about.

My experience;
Rear Progressive coil over shocks - I believe mine are the typical 440 or 444 (cant remember) but the improvement over the stock air shocks was nothing short of dramatic. The Rocket coil overs are much the same design with probably a less progressive spring (IMO).

Front Progressive Mono-Incert - easy to install and set up (if you follow the instructions to the letter - not sure on the Rocket), definitely improved the front end on the Harley over stock.

Overall - bike is stiffer but handles much better for spirited riding.

I also put on the Progressive Link even though I have never experienced the high speed wobble others have on the touring frame.

Progressive makes a very good product and I am happy with what I did to my Harley.

Recently fitted Wilber progressive front springs and the handling has improved a lot, still has the soft initial compliance and isn't harsh but firms up when you want to lean on it through the twistes, I also run stock Roadster rear shocks and are happy with them also.
I've had both Metzler & Avons on the front and will stick with the Avon front and Bridgestone Excedra Max rear

Recently fitted Wilber progressive front springs and the handling has improved a lot, still has the soft initial compliance and isn't harsh but firms up when you want to lean on it through the twistes, I also run stock Roadster rear shocks and are happy with them also.
I've had both Metzler & Avons on the front and will stick with the Avon front and Bridgestone Excedra Max rear

Good to hear about the Avon/Bridgestone combo. I have those sitting in my garage right now to swap on if I do not DS the rear.

Back