I'm sorry to hear that Patrick but I understand. I'm a year behind you and some days I feel it. This could be my last year on a Rocket (arthritic hips) but fingers crossed I'll still be good. I'm thinning the herd down on the old Brit bikes too.
when all is checked and said one cannot stop the clock it waits for nobody..what is important though is to know when to step back and appraise the situation with clarity and make the right decision even when in the back of the brain there is the rumble of that motor...pic of the dream ride on tuesday 23th

Last edited:
.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it sold and sad you got it sold. Hate seeing fellows turn in their rides to pursue the next leg of their life..... I know it will happen with me some day too... Stay in touch.

Do you have any plans/hobbies going forward.
hobbies ....licking south american red frogs better than lsd+ cristal meth combined with white powder and sprinkled with lemon juice .. not my quote someone else wrote it and **** it was dead on
now if I was to win a loto I would buy a GT ride it a bit and look at it a lot other than that I do not have the faintest idea how I am going to cope this summer and saying this at age 74 is a rather testament to my love of riding..nuff said.

I'm sorry to hear that Patrick but I understand. I'm a year behind you and some days I feel it. This could be my last year on a Rocket (arthritic hips) but fingers crossed I'll still be good. I'm thinning the herd down on the old Brit bikes too.
Ya can't say I haven't thought of atleast down seizing myself. But I'm not going to make any decisions for atleast a couple months after I get my old body repaired. I know your senior to me but I'm not sure how much more I want to spend at the hardware store to put myself back together. Its getting where I just don't bounce as well anymore ;)

Hey all, I just joined the site, and what's the first post I see!
I will be the new caretaker of Patrick's Rocket, cannot wait to pick it up. Wanted one for a long time!
Treat it well OR we will send "the boyz" to "explain". Welcome to the loony bin as well.
Sounds as if she's found a good home though.

Good luck Patrick. I am following your path. I am still riding my Rocket but recognize that my age and ability are changing. I bought a Speedmaster as a backup. About 1/2 the weight of the Rocket. I will stay with the big girl for as long as possible. Keep in touch.

Back