2011 R3R - Which breather hose is which, on the fuel tank

Martin-Brighton-uk

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster in HOK Burgundy Candy
So you know in the manual where for fuel tank removal process it states:

1. Raise and prop the fuel tank
2. Make a note of or mark the position of the two breather hoses at the front left of the tank

What if someone (me) skipped step 2 thinking that just laying the hoses on the bike frame while removing the tank was enough, but then they got jumbled up....

Anyone know what way around they go? They both go to the bottom of the frame and poke out, and one has a one way valve (I guess) on so that air can go in but fuel not out.

Anyone help a numpty who skips the important steps?

Martin

And doesn't read further in the service manual to tell them it is the rollover valve also :/ So does the hose with the rollover valve go on the front most nipple or the one behind it?

Easy enough to figure out. The are only two hoses. One the moistute overflow drain strsight thru to tje ground the other rollover and then ground (non cali emissions crap can) anyway the drain striaght thru in the lower boss pointed at in the picture

20170903_134620.jpg

One would bet you stick a jose in where my finger is pointing blow some air thru it and see which line on the bottom of the tank air comes out. My best guess looking in the manual is the front one but they are not very specific. If thst don't work for you I can dig out my scope and take a closer look.

I could never be bothered figuring it out so I taped the two hoses together a few inches from the tank so that their lengths and positions would always be the same relative to the tank. That way they just went back on.

Back