2009 OEM Touring exhaust on a Classic??

RIchareno

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket III Classic
So I just got my 2009 Classic and some jackwagon had cut out the catalytic converter, crossover and LH silencer, effectively making it a 3 into 1 with the RH silencer being only 3" dia. The bike runs terrible until it has been running for about 15-20 minutes, then it runs fine. Could this be due to improper back pressure?

I located a decent, used and complete exhaust system from a 2009 Touring model. I realize the mounts may not be perfect, but could I make this work to avoid a new $2,000 aftermarket setup?

Thanks guys.

Rich

jmo
i don't think so
might be a lot of things i would try some seafoam to try and clean up the injectors. i have been using about a third of bottle on fill ups and may go more.
i have noticed an improvement.
how many miles on bike?

jmo
i don't think so
might be a lot of things i would try some seafoam to try and clean up the injectors. i have been using about a third of bottle on fill ups and may go more.
i have noticed an improvement.
how many miles on bike?
I ran half a bottle of seafoam through it yesterday. This morning, still running like crap.

17000 miles on bike.

I ran half a bottle of seafoam through it yesterday. This morning, still running like crap.

17000 miles on bike.
the throttle plates like to stick so i spray return springs especially where the cables r at the front bottom with wd40 (some like to use other cleaners)
also several time i wot then let them fly shut.
hth

the throttle plates like to stick so i spray return springs especially where the cables r at the front bottom with wd40 (some like to use other cleaners)
also several time i wot then let them fly shut.
hth
Can you direct me where this is?

Can you direct me where this is?

i am not good with pics but
when u work the throttle on the right handle bar u can look at the throttle bodies and u can see the little wheel working the throttle shaft front left side near bottom of throttle bodies.

Back