2 tire options, which one

CoRocket3Gt

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 Gt
Hello everyone. I am going to need new tires for my 2021 rocket 3 this spring. Sitting at 7k on the Avon cobra chromes. Can get another 1k+ out of them. Question is….has anyone ran the Metzeler me888 marathon ultras on the 2020+ rocket 3’s and what’s your opinion? I do 70% highway commuting. My background in bikes are cbr 600, zx1100, yzf r1, then 3 HD’s before this bike. So I do like to ride hard in corners occasionally, but it’s not often. Are the Metzelers sticky enough for this bike?

I had the original Avon Chrome on the rear for 12,000km. Before a big trip I put on the ME888 Marathon from Metzeler and put another 8000km on the bike. No issues. I have run both without issue.

I have gen 1 Rockets. Metz tires have not historically maintained well on high power machines. I ride conservative compared to most Rocket Captains. The most I’ve ever had on a Rocket was 4100 miles on a rear tire. That’s pathetic.

I have gen 1 Rockets. Metz tires have not historically maintained well on high power machines. I ride conservative compared to most Rocket Captains. The most I’ve ever had on a Rocket was 4100 miles on a rear tire. That’s pathetic.
Agreed!
The ME 880 were sh!t! The ME 888s are much better. I put the ME 888 on my Rocket III Roadster and it was adequate and lasted a lot longer than the ME 880.

I have the ME 888 on my R3GT now. Will not even consider the ME 880.

They are definitely spendy. I was quoted $1050 for mounting and everything for the Avons and $1150 for the Metzelers. If they suck in the curves or at launch (Metzelers) then it’s not worth the extra mileage I would get out of them. Got spoiled spending $600 on my street glide tires and going 17k. These Avons are lasting better than the 3k I used to get on my R1 and back on my ZX11, ha ha

They are definitely spendy. I was quoted $1050 for mounting and everything for the Avons and $1150 for the Metzelers.
Ouch! Here at the Triumph Dealer in Tucson I recently had the rear replaced for $350, so I would expect the front to be about $300.
-MIG

Back