2 tire options, which one

I have been using the Bridgestone Excedra on my R3 Roadster with no problems and only a few kms short of the Avons. I dont believe the extra $$ justify the few extra kms with the Avon. I will change to the Excedra when the GT is due for new tyres

I have been using the Bridgestone Excedra on my R3 Roadster with no problems and only a few kms short of the Avons. I dont believe the extra $$ justify the few extra kms with the Avon. I will change to the Excedra when the GT is due for new tyres
I get it and it's always good to save a dollar. I had Bridgestone's on my 14 Rocket before the Avon's and I thought they were 'so so'. Not great but okay. The Avons were about the same in touring but night and day on the twisties for me anyway. Everyone rides differently and for me I like the Cobra Chromes and yes it kills me to spend that much money on a rear tire. I can afford it but it's the friggin principal. Since I don't have the skills nor the equipment to place the tires on myself the local Triumph dealer makes sure I get bent over once again but at least they smile while they do it. Cheers.:thumbsup:

There's no "wrong" choice as such. Just differences in priorities and trade-offs. Longevity is more important to some folks - the extreme of which leads to the dark side.

Stickiness is more important to me. Which also unfortunately requires that to some extent stickiness be more important to me than cost . So long as they become available again, I intend to stick with the Avons. Thankfully should be a while before I need a new rear, so hopefully by then issues with availability will have resolved.

There's no "wrong" choice as such. Just differences in priorities and trade-offs. Longevity is more important to some folks - the extreme of which leads to the dark side.

Stickiness is more important to me. Which also unfortunately requires that to some extent stickiness be more important to me than cost . So long as they become available again, I intend to stick with the Avons. Thankfully should be a while before I need a new rear, so hopefully by then issues with availability will have resolved.
Agreed and same here. Stickiness in curves and rain are my top priority. ...and fortunately, I too don't need a tire replacement for a bit...
-MIG

Back