2 new Harleys on the block

NOt slamming R3s at all, love mine. But Triumph needs to support its customers better. Once you buy the bike, its a fight to get help for alot of its customers.

NOt slamming R3s at all, love mine. But Triumph needs to support its customers better. Once you buy the bike, its a fight to get help for alot of its customers.
I had to wait 3 weeks for a Honda SXS part. Things are a mess everywhere not just at Triumph. I hope your bike gets repaired correctly and you have no more problems.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Perhaps it is best not to start slamming R3's in an R3 forum.
Disagree. This forum isn't all rainbows and Unicorns where all members talk only positive feelings towards the R3. It's a forum for positive and negative where we air our happiness and grievances. The Rocket isn't perfect we all know that and that's why there are posts helping people troubleshoot the problems with the Rocket. Don't post with Rose colored glasses, shoot from the hip if you have problems and let us know when things are fixed. Some are frustrated with the newer gen Rocket and based on a few posts rightfully so. I had big problems that got sorted out and thankfully I live close to a dealer. Some have 3 to 5 hour trips one way. I don't blame them for being pissed.

Triumph gonna Triumph. And for better or worse, Triumph is a niche brand. This is my third, so I knew what to expect. It's always a wait to get anything if the dealer doesn't already have it. And the non-OEM aftermarket is nearly non-existent. But I buy them because I love them, and in some respects because they are a niche brand rather than just another Harley, Honda, or Kawasaki. Still, it's a shame that they still haven't learned to up their game.

After the problems I had with my 05 Rocket I swore that was it. It was fast as hell but I bought it used and had idle issues. I unloaded it after putting on 8K on it and looked at Guzzi's in Elk Grove south of Sacramento. They wouldn't let me test ride two separate bikes on the same day so I told them to stick it and stopped at the Triumph dealer on my way home. I saw the 14 Rocket brand new and shinny. I had it for 6 years and it ran like a top with zero problems. I then saw a 2020 at the same dealership and bought it when the price dropped in December of that year. Early problems and had them sorted out and I absolutely love it now. I'm already planning on my next bike. The next will be the Rocket 3+ GT, 2026 3000 cc touring model. 235 HP and 200 lbs torque at the rear wheel. 0-60 in 1.75 seconds quarter in 8.9. What? It could happen.:rolleyes:

Had 2 guys on my block asking me about my Rocket. They both wanted new bikes. Although I really like my Rocket, I steered them away because I wont lie, the lack of support has really weighed heavy on me. 9 weeks and still cant get basic parts that most any dealer with a service dept should have. How are we supposed to keep our bikes seviced and running? I could not get the oil drain washers because they have to order them, maybe 2 weeks to get. Lucky I just wanted them for later. Anyways, they both bought Harleys over the weekend.I'v
I've changed the oil myself twice on my 21 R3GT and have never had a problem getting what is needed (oil, filter, washers, etc). This is the 5th Triumph I've owned in my life and I've never had a problem finding parts and accessories (cheaper to buy on-line). We're fortunate in my area to have three Triumph dealers within easy driving distance (one is 15 minutes a way). If one doesn't have what I need the other(s) do, or one of the several on-line dealers do for sure. Dealers have the ability to search for parts throughout their system and get parts overnighted. They do that all the time. Ebay often times has used stuff you might need as well. The dealer I bought the bike from had the bags, mounting hardware, tank knee pads in stock and I didn't have to wait for anything, so. . . whoever your local dealer is has let you down. They should think ahead to some degree and stock items they know buyers will probably want. I suppose Triumph USA can encourage that kind of thinking, but your dealer is who you should be speaking to. I've also owned 5 Harley Davidson's over the years and have often had to wait for parts for them as well, so this isn't necessarily a Triumph specific situation.

got to agree about triumph's lack of support.I live in Thailand and bought a used rocket 3 GT from the First owner.
After a couple of weeks,I noticed what turned out to be the now infamous gearbox oil leak.I lost my bike to the local
dealer for almost five months,and the bike was stripped down to it's bare bones,engine out etc.I have been trying to get a
set of Avon chrome's for nine months now.The rocket assembly plant is just one hour from my house,but Hinkley
told me they cannot help me.Complete waste of time even talking to them.There is one Avon importer in Bangkok,
but he orders only five sets of tyres a year,First come first served,at £650 a set.It seems the only way to get a set
of Avon's over here,is to buy a new Rocket.In my experience,Hinkley couldn't give a toss about helping their customers.

Back