Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
Hi,

I have just bought some TORS for my 2014 Roadster. I intend to fit them at the weekend but won't be getting them mapped for a couple of weeks.

My question is, should I do the 12 minute tune in the interim and is it applicable to a 2014 Roadster?

Thanks

I intend to load a Tors map into the bike but can't get to the dealer for a couple of weeks. Are you saying I shouldn't run the Tors without the map in the interim?

I generally tell customers who are fitting their own pipes to get the new map loaded first. That way they're only going to be running a little rich until the pipes are fitted. Never understood the logic of fitting the pipes first and then risking permanent engine damage waiting for the remap. If you want to fit the pipes yourself, go and get the tune loaded before you do it. Yes, I know, it means waiting a couple of weeks.........you'll get over it. ;)

Tors map should be readily available from on here and if you ask nicely im sure theres someone in your neck of the woods to drop round and load it for you........unless your 100% looking at keeping the dealer happy for warranty purposes

I installed TORs on my 07 Classic, did the 12 minute tune and then rode it to the dealership, about 30 miles. Although everything was fine, in retrospect I should not have done it. Running a bit rich is OK but lean is not. Also, I found that that Triumph's TORs tune was still a bit too lean, still experiencing back popping on decel. I downloaded the TuneECU program to my laptop, and installed a better tune a friend had given me. It was still a tad bit lean so I sent the tune to Hanso for a bit of tweaking. After that it ran like a scalded ape.

The point of all this is that you might find the Triumph TORs tune not to your liking but it is easily remedied with a little help from your friends.

Can't he just do it himself with tune ecu?

Yep. Requires TuneECU and a cable and a computer and a willingness to tackle it. :)

Not sure what it does to warranty though. Perhaps going to a dealer and having them use the official software and official TORS map is more koscher for that.

I obviously can't speak for all dealers but in my experience the mere fact that you have a non Triumph tune loaded is extremely unlikely to be a problem. IF however you are making a warranty claim that, say, a valve has burnt out or some other problem with the engine, having a custom tune loaded is probably going to be taken into account. And fair enough too.

Back