The 12 minute tune versus.....

Timbo

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
....Reset adaption in TuneECU.

is doing the 12 minute tune the same as resetting the adaption in the TuneECU app?

Interested to know the difference if not. Thanks guys.

asking as I’m going to chuck my ramair on tomorrow. Know I’ll need a remap but as the process of loading a map also resets adaption, wondered if I needed to do the 12 minute thingy as well? Though it does warm the garage :thumbsup:

No, it’s not the same thing.

Adaptive fueling only works closed loop, meaning the o2 sensor is still being used. Adaptive fueling in as closed loop system like ours adds or removes a small amount of fueling in each cell on the map, over time. You can’t see or alter the adaptive map. You can only reset or zero it. Since our stock sensor is a narrow band, it only knows it’s lean or rich, but not how much. It’s a constant work in progress due to temperatures, altitude, load etc.

The 12 minute tune will only adapt 1 fueling cell and throttle position. It’s a waste of 12 minutes.

Regarding resetting the adaptive, ride it first! If it runs great don’t touch it! If it runs like crap, then reset it. You can’t recover it once reset!

Just my observation after experimenting with this and many other bikes.

No, it’s not the same thing.

Adaptive fueling only works closed loop, meaning the o2 sensor is still being used. Adaptive fueling in as closed loop system like ours adds or removes a small amount of fueling in each cell on the map, over time. You can’t see or alter the adaptive map. You can only reset or zero it. Since our stock sensor is a narrow band, it only knows it’s lean or rich, but not how much. It’s a constant work in progress due to temperatures, altitude, load etc.

The 12 minute tune will only adapt 1 fueling cell and throttle position. It’s a waste of 12 minutes.

Regarding resetting the adaptive, ride it first! If it runs great don’t touch it! If it runs like crap, then reset it. You can’t recover it once reset!

Just my observation after experimenting with this and many other bikes.

thanks for such a detailed response, very helpful

Back