10116 miles on original rear tire

RADEMIS

Supercharged
I finally changed my rear tire today, it was getting pretty scarry looking; wire belts starting to show in the center.
Wow I could not believe how much better the bike handles again, it is still as amazing as the first day.
Taking the wheel off of the bike was really easy, but i'll tell you changing the tire was very difficult. The guy at the performance center let me help him, as we took the old tire off and installed the new. It was all that machine and two strong guys could do to get that tire on the rim.
I like the looks of the rear wheel but they sure were not thinking too clearly when they designed the profile.
I also found that my original tire had a gouge in the bead area from when it was put on. there was actually a small chunk sticking out where the tire met the rim.
This bike is such a blast to own, can't wait but one week until my over 1000 mile road trip with it.

That might be a record. I'm right at 5 grand on mine and its starting to get a little "square". I figured by the end of this summer I'll need a new one. The old one will make a nice bumper on the boat dock :roll:

7,000 for me

I guess I was about average on changing the rear. Engle Motors looked at the front and said it was fine.... but I've put on another 1,500 miles and though it looks all right, I could swear when leaning deep in a turn that it almost feels like it's slipping out from under me. I don't know how else to describe it. Maybe the sides of the tire haven't worn as much and there's a ridge I'm crossing over as I lean further either left or right. Anyone else noticing this conumdrum ?

What's the record for front tire wear?

Just for grins take your take-off tire and cut it with a razor across the cords and see just how much rubber there isn't. I've had condoms with thicker rubber. It is an eye opener and makes you think about trying to squeeze a little more life out of your tire.

I could swear when leaning deep in a turn that it almost feels like it's slipping out from under me. I don't know how else to describe it.

That is the first sign you need a new rear. When the rear tire goes it goes quickly. I am on my 7th or 8th rear tire now so I am in tune to that.

Condom--Condominium

Just for grins take your take-off tire and cut it with a razor across the cords and see just how much rubber there isn't. I've had condoms with thicker rubber. It is an eye opener and makes you think about trying to squeeze a little more life out of your tire.

I don't worry about no condoms anymore:D

Maybe it's time to recap the rear tire.......:eek:

Back