1 Quarter Mile At a Time

Metz died at 3400 miles with about 1/16th tread depth across 3/4 of it, not just down the center.

While it did generally grip pretty well, the Avon grips better, has better tip in feel cornering and when it does break loose it does it in a much smoother motion, sometimes I almost don't notice it spinning.

The fronts are not even in the same category of grip and feedback imho.

My front Metz were cupped so bad by 4500 miles it had to go too. I'd never waste my money on Metz tires again.
amazing they wear that fast I got over 10,000 miles from the orignals on my 09 and I changed the set on the modded roadster at 9000 but the fronts did cup on both bikes now I have 18 inch CARBON WHEELS on the 09 But I have the METZ on the Roadster Im glad the other tires are working well that gives us a choice of several tire choices Im easy on tires considering I ride with the race guys they dont get good mileage with thier bikes but I think PHIL did well with his tire selection I used to run endrance races and it was important to learn how to preserve the tires if you wanted to do well

Last edited:
I must need riding lessons. If anyone else can keep up with a rice rocket and achieve 10k miles on any front or rear tire I would be very interested in the school you attended..... Or the rice rockets you ride with need to learn to ride. The ones I ride with have never seen more than 3000mi on a tire, and I certainly have never, repeat NEVER seen anywhere near 10k MI on a tire. (Front or Rear) Hello, I can't even see them after about 2 miles.
Must need more Lemon PLEDGE!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
amazing they wear that fast I got over 10,000 miles from the orignals on my 09 and I changed the set on the modded roadster at 9000 but the fronts did cup on both bikes now I have 18 inch CARBON WHEELS on the 09 But I have the METZ on the Roadster Im glad the other tires are working well that gives us a choice of several tire choices Im easy on tires considering I ride with the race guys they dont get good mileage with thier bikes but I think PHIL did well with his tire selection I used to run endrance races and it was important to learn how to preserve the tires if you wanted to do well

All kidding aside Art, the mileage you get out tires is very impressive. I'm with Wannabe I need some riding lessons. Metz, 3500. Avon Cobra, 8500. Cooper car tire, 13,000. Toyo Proxes 4, 15,000+. Falken ? 13,000. Now on the Bridgestone Exetra Max with about 4500.

10.6 @ 128mph
IMG_6024.JPG

@Mittzy That is some good stuff right there. A sub 11.5 at almost 130 is actually a pretty fast Sportster. Would have liked to have a video of his face when ya blew past him. From the numbers on the second match time slip it kinda looks like ya took all of the starch out of his shorts on the first run. :thumbsup:

Back