1 Quarter Mile At a Time

I must need riding lessons. If anyone else can keep up with a rice rocket and achieve 10k miles on any front or rear tire I would be very interested in the school you attended..... Or the rice rockets you ride with need to learn to ride. The ones I ride with have never seen more than 3000mi on a tire, and I certainly have never, repeat NEVER seen anywhere near 10k MI on a tire. (Front or Rear) Hello, I can't even see them after about 2 miles.
Must need more Lemon PLEDGE!!!!!
MORE LEMON PLEDGE

I must need riding lessons. If anyone else can keep up with a rice rocket and achieve 10k miles on any front or rear tire I would be very interested in the school you attended..... Or the rice rockets you ride with need to learn to ride. The ones I ride with have never seen more than 3000mi on a tire, and I certainly have never, repeat NEVER seen anywhere near 10k MI on a tire. (Front or Rear) Hello, I can't even see them after about 2 miles.
Must need more Lemon PLEDGE!!!!!
The GUYS I ride with are mostly old ROADRACE AND DRAG RACERS SO they are fast and talented riders And then there are the WACKOS that crash and burn and destroy themselves and the bikes LOL they are out of control and we decided to stop riding with those nut jobs as they are nothing but TROUBLE and cant be trusted

The GUYS I ride with are mostly old ROADRACE AND DRAG RACERS SO they are fast and talented riders And then there are the WACKOS that crash and burn and destroy themselves and the bikes LOL they are out of control and we decided to stop riding with those nut jobs as they are nothing but TROUBLE and cant be trusted
Must be really old and not so fast if you get 10k miles on a tire. Riding with my nephew trying to stay in the same zipcode. My original rear tire made it 4500 miles.

Must be really old and not so fast if you get 10k miles on a tire. Riding with my nephew trying to stay in the same zipcode. My original rear tire made it 4500 miles.
LIKE I SAID I ride with the fast guys and WE ride fast I get decent mileage and others do better than I do so its a matter of tire management YOU must be spanking the hell out of the bike to burn through tires that fast maybe change your riding habits a bit and youll be surpised that you can extend tire life to double what your getting OR some dont care and just burn them up and consider it the price of having fun LOL

ALL tires will break loose on bad surface and car tires do nothing but slow you at track period again we use the METZ and we tried the others it will give you the best traction watch the video on the CARP website

CORNERS!
We be talkin' CORNERS!
Life is NOT a straight line!
Metzeler SUX!!!

CORNERS!
We be talkin' CORNERS!
Life is NOT a straight line!
Metzeler SUX!!!
NOPE we ride twisty roads mostly and no problems wih the rear BUT the front tires cup and then they SUCK so you can go with some of the other choices like the 130 and 140 fronts that offer more nimble handling

Just to wage a little war....lol

I got 10,000 out of my first pair of Metz on the rear (factory) and went with Bridgestone... I've only got 20,000 miles on the bike and already have replaced the bridgestone and about 1/2 way though my second one... However, I would say I've become more comfortable on the bike for the second 10,000 miles than I was the first

Just to wage a little war....lol

I got 10,000 out of my first pair of Metz on the rear (factory) and went with Bridgestone... I've only got 20,000 miles on the bike and already have replaced the bridgestone and about 1/2 way though my second one... However, I would say I've become more comfortable on the bike for the second 10,000 miles than I was the first
I got close to the same on the OEM Metzler as far as original mileage goes. But I did not ride the bike as aggressively as I do with the Avon Cobra. The Metz did not give me any confidence as I mentioned previously. I just put the 140 Cobra on the front and I find it to be a lot more flickable or easy to steer into a fast corner. It does feel a bit lighter at slower speeds as well. So far so good. I just put new brakes and the front tire on today and just came back from a good hard run. I was concerned about the smaller size front tire but based on the ride I just had I can see a set of new front pegs in the near future.

Last edited:
Back