07 Classic: Bike quit running, lost spark on two cylinders

Ok, so I've been looking and testing all the connections, haven't yet removed any
coils an now I have spark to all cylinders but the spark looks weak.
So looking for a ground issue, thank you Son of dog for the wiring diagram.

if u have low volts on the positive side (bad splices/corrosion bad crimps) u will have low spark.
the grounded side is direct to the ecu. but if u have a ground prob it could effect the ecu ground.

I initially was going to say coils but two coils, leads, or terminals at exactly the same time seems unlikely, so IDK.

just a thought
if your charging sys breaks down then eventually the bat will run down and when the bat volts gets to about 10 the coils/injectors start malfunctioning. have u checked the battery to see if u have at least 12 volts. i know that u said u were cranking w/o plugs and i dought it would take much to turn over with plugs out.

The spark looks weak on all three so I put it back together to try it, it hits on
number one but won't start, I think I will take the plenum off and try squirting
just a little gas into two and thee to see if it starts momentarily. have the charger
on it, thanks for all the help guys

Didn't get to work on it today, charged up the battery (maybe the cause of the
weak spark) I was thinking I didn't get a half mile after I filled up with gas,
maybe I got some water... I got all the gas I can out of the tank and added a little
alcohol. Tomorrow I will try squirting a little gas into two and three to see if it will
maybe idle for a second or at least pop on those cylinders, will keep you posted.

I was thinking maybe a pinched vent line but if it has been a while we can rule that little thing out. Have you ever changed out the fuel filter? I had a 240Z that would run like crap and try to strand me if the filter got just a little dirty.

bob

Back