Bob Wills is still the King
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Just scored some NOS triple TORS and a cat bypass for the bone stock rocket

Which tune to use?
I see
I also saw that a that modified 20228 would be best

How much will this wake-up the bike
Does secondary throttle open 100% give any part throttle drivablility problems?

Which tune to use?
I see

Mine

Which tune to use?
I see

I've the same on a 2004 and 20228 worked fine, also the resistor mod helps in the first three gears

Mine

I've the same on a 2004 and 20228 worked fine, also the resistor mod helps in the first three gears

The 20228 map copy I have has the same secondary restrictions in all gears but first. Maybe something else is going on.

Also saw another member post the 20050 map needs the idle upped some when the bike is at temp.

The 20228 map copy I have has the same secondary restrictions in all gears but first. Maybe something else is going on.

Also saw another member post the 20050 map needs the idle upped some when the bike is at temp.

Not sure you can load 20050 as that's for a different ECU, it will tell you when you try to upload
As for the tickover, I binned the throttle stepper motor and fitted the stop screw and never looked back.....always steady at tick over

Well done....if you get stuck I'm a bit further ahead with loading the Tune.......not much help here with this lot!

Modified tunes of 20050 and 20228 will both work nicely on a 2006. I have used both on my 2006. With TuneEcu you can modify these tunes and change the secondary's to your liking. Also you can make changes to the idle, fan on temp, top speed, max rpm and change the 1,2,3 gear timing to the timing for 4 and 5 so you get full power across all the gears.

Back