Your cousin Thruxton R breaks 150 mph at Bonneville

Justdad

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Thruxton R
Okay obviously not a Rocket 3 but I had three Rocket riders supporting me so that at least makes me a cousin.

After 19 tries over 5 years I got my Thruxton R over 150 mph at almost 7000 feet density altitude.

I thinking a Rocket 3 with 200 horsepower could set a record, my bike would need a 70 mph tailwind to set one.

That is awesome brother/cousin! I have ties to the salt, the MC at my retirement ceremony is in the 200mph club driving the Redheaded streamliner 69. His dad Elmo was the SCTA president three times over the years.
As I was watching your video, I kept think just turn the throttle more. Then you said you think you were getting too much gas, darn it. So, is the answer bigger air intake? I know you wrote you're done unless you get that blower gifted, but is there a material answer without that for more air?

Well done just a dad. Would love to get over to the USA to see that event.
The international presence has understandably been down the last couple years and we miss your country men at the event.

Okay obviously not a Rocket 3 but I had three Rocket riders supporting me so that at least makes me a cousin.

After 19 tries over 5 years I got my Thruxton R over 150 mph at almost 7000 feet density altitude.

I thinking a Rocket 3 with 200 horsepower could set a record, my bike would need a 70 mph tailwind to set one.

Awesome!!

That is awesome brother/cousin! I have ties to the salt, the MC at my retirement ceremony is in the 200mph club driving the Redheaded streamliner 69. His dad Elmo was the SCTA president three times over the years.
As I was watching your video, I kept think just turn the throttle more. Then you said you think you were getting too much gas, darn it. So, is the answer bigger air intake? I know you wrote you're done unless you get that blower gifted, but is there a material answer without that for more air?
I could yank the old air box out and get some ginormous pod filters which might flow a little more air but frankly at almost 7000 feet there isn't a lot of air to pull in..'m losing about 20+ % of my horsepower to the high density altitude.

The biggest hurdle and is part of the fun is trying to guess what the wind and course will be like when you get your to run. You can run back to back runs with no changes to the bike and vary 8 mph on top speed.

The international presence has understandably been down the last couple years and we miss your country men at the event.
Bert always was easy to please, but today's lot would want younger women, new cars and trailers rather than travois!;):roll::roll::roll:
I heard they have a soft spot for trashed trannies too.
I always wondered why Ford Focus, Fiesta, and EcoSports were so popular in NZ . ;)

Back