HowardRoark

.040 Over
Ride
2011 R3R
So, I'm posting this for a couple of reasons. One, to add mine to the list of Rockets with a failed transmission that was supposedly fixed after '10 and two, to see what guys who were successful in getting their claims covered said to corporate. I have 39,000 miles on her. I can't get it out first and brought it to Triumph. Triumph denied the claim. I've already had the detent spring issue last summer and she has a Barnett clutch. Over the past couple months, I was getting occasional slipping only in 2nd to the point where now I believe the dogs may be broke? The motor hasn't been split yet, but I guess I was looking for some guidance? Of course, I've searched and got a lot of useful information, but just wondering what you guys thought?

Bugger...what model year is your bike?

Triumph Oz weren't interested in my first rebuild because my bike was 4yrs old....(and the owner of the dealership i bought it from had watched me punt it around our local race track on 2 separate track days - apparently that's not a warrantable activity on an R3 :roll:)

I'm not surprised triumph say no, the estimate for my repair was $4,500.00 AUD with nearly $3k being labour as they allow 25hrs for the job.

As for you current issue...dropping in and out of gear could be caused by a bent/worn selector fork or the reasonably common cir-clip problem as well as the worn dogs option.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

There was a point where I decided mine was going to be traded, for this very reason, as soon as the last payment was made. Now, when the tranny goes, I will send it to Carpenter or put it on a boat to Neville Lush and let them do what they do best.

Bugger...what model year is your bike?

Triumph Oz weren't interested in my first rebuild because my bike was 4yrs old....(and the owner of the dealership i bought it from had watched me punt it around our local race track on 2 separate track days - apparently that's not a warrantable activity on an R3 :roll:)

I'm not surprised triumph say no, the estimate for my repair was $4,500.00 AUD with nearly $3k being labour as they allow 25hrs for the job.

As for you current issue...dropping in and out of gear could be caused by a bent/worn selector fork or the reasonably common cir-clip problem as well as the worn dogs option.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

LOL, that's funny, busted! It's an '11 Roadster. Not heavily modded(Rammair, Jardines) and not ridden too hard. The tranny issues are killing me though.

There was a point where I decided mine was going to be traded, for this very reason, as soon as the last payment was made. Now, when the tranny goes, I will send it to Carpenter or put it on a boat to Neville Lush and let them do what they do best.

On your '16 or a previous Rocket?

I have noticed on my 06 in the past week that if I get on power in second while engine is still cool it seems to loose drive briefly so I button off picks up again and off I go.

Sounds like I might have a large repair bill in the not to distance future.

Note to self do not over throttle it:banghead::banghead:

Back