Wrapped my header with DEI Exhaust Wrap

Until this thread, I thought the Jars were an all chrome pipe. I've seen them on a Rocket but have never inspected them closely.

I did it up to my cat bypass but took it off.

See here why:

I remember commenting in more than one thread about this but can't find the others. If you do it, you should do the entire length of the exhaust system to avoid heat problems.

RiderRocketman said:

See here why:

I remember commenting in more than one thread about this but can't find the others. If you do it, you should do the entire length of the exhaust system to avoid heat problems.

Can you find the thread? That address just brings me back to home, thanks!

WEhat do you mean heat problems? Where? Engine? Cat? O2 sensor?

The big problem I've heard about wrapping headers (in the car world) is the concern with moisture build-up under the wrap causing a header to corrode quicker, is there something else that's unique to wrapping the R3 header?

Juggernaut said:
The big problem I've heard about wrapping headers (in the car world) is the concern with moisture build-up under the wrap causing a header to corrode quicker, is there something else that's unique to wrapping the R3 header?
That's why they sell silicone wrap sealer. Besides mine doesn't get wet (I know you mean humidity).

RedRocket said:
RiderRocketman said:

See here why:

Can you find the thread? That address just brings me back to home, thanks!

WEhat do you mean heat problems? Where? Engine? Cat? O2 sensor?

Same problem. Link doesn't work. Odd

I found a read the thread, thanks. I PM a few Captains who previously wrapped their headers to see how they are fairing. i already get alot of heat from my cat and my header pipes were always red hot before the wrapping so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the warning much appreciated RRM.

Back