Wrapped my header with DEI Exhaust Wrap

redrocket

Supercharged
After hearing about wrapping the R3 exhaust from Warp 9.9, I undertook the job today. It was a little tricky but wetting it definitely helps. After the curing and alot of smoking, it really cooled off the right side. Definitely worth it!!! There are a few things you have to do like get longer bolts for the heatshield bracket and bending the clamps a little to align them up because the pipes end up being thicker.

Red, wrapping the headers seemed a natural thing to do to deal with the heat. However, I asked about this in a post some time ago and got back a few notes of warning about transferring the heat further down the pipe. I am very interested in how this works for you. Please keep us posted.

Gasket said:
Red, wrapping the headers seemed a natural thing to do to deal with the heat. However, I asked about this in a post some time ago and got back a few notes of warning about transferring the heat further down the pipe. I am very interested in how this works for you. Please keep us posted.

Can you find those notes? I'd be interested in what they said. thanks!!
I stopped the tape just before the O2 sensor, hmmmmmm!!!

Hmmm ... never thought of this. I might have to wrap the portion of pipe down by my leg. I've managed to burn holes in my pants/gear/slacks down by my ankle near the pipe on multiple instances.

I'm not trying to say anything negative here, but my one question is this: I don't find the rocket that incredibly hot after riding Harley's my entire life, so why the need to wrap anything? My 07 R3 is not unduly hot at all and I've never noticed any extraordinary heat with the Jardines and probably won't when I convert over to the Preds' and a turbo! I guess I'm used to Texas heat and the exhaust heat doesn't bother me at all!

Native One

Back