Worst vacation ever!!Then I

Fingers

Living Legend
Ride
2015 R3T
My wife retired 7-31 so we decided to head for New Jersey to visit family and friends.Traveling up I-95,about 25mi. South of the Va. border a bearing on the trailer fails and the tire/wheel assy. goes flying across the hay..Get pulled over to the side of the road safely.Bearings were re-packed about 1,000 mi. ago. No cell service so after sitting on the side of I-95 for about an hour and a half said screw it and went about getting the bike off of the trailer.Took the tag off and taped my ramps to the roof racks and headed north wife driving the Cherokee and me riding.About 500 mi. later we arrive at our daughters place without incident.About a week goes by and I find a suitable trailer all is good.We get some riding in and do some visiting vacation is back on track. Then I get the idea to do a mock up of loading the bike on the trailer.So a cousin of mine and I head down the road to a park and ride area to load the bike.My cousin tells me I put the bike on the trailer got off and looked to see if I was happy with the fit,then rolled the bike off the asphalt again put the stand down and got off.He said he thought I started to check out the rear tire ,but I kept going down.Not responding he called 911 and started CPR.A passerby on bicycle stopped to help until the police arrived followed by the local rescue squad.All in all working on me for about half an hourwith CPR and hitting me with paddles 5 times.I was gone for about five minutes.was in the hospital a little over a week.Now have acouple of stents and an ICD finally back home in Florida.Appolgies for being long winded and the puncation.

Wow! Sorry to hear. Unfortunately you are now a member of the stent club. I got three in one sitting back in 2006. Time to revisit and change some of your eating habits and some mild exercise like walking when a few weeks pass. Just suggestions, of course you do as you please. In any event I hope you take advantage of your second chance. Wish you only the best!:)

Back