Wilbers suspension

rubber2burn

Turbocharged
Ive had these on my bike now for 4 months now .
The problems that I had with the standard shocks were 2 up the bike wallowed and seemed if you hit any bump that the back of the bike would spring back up , causing my wife to end up with air between her butt and seat . Unhappy wife means unhappy me . :cry:

The main reason that I choose the Wilbers is looks , I think they look way cool . And also they stand out from the looks of standard shocks .
They have given me a firmer but plusher ride , pillion no longer gets launched and seems to have given me a little more ground clearence as the bike no longer sags the suspension under its own weight . Going through a bend the bike does not wiggle , and you can really give it full throttle with no movement . Although I was happy on the factory settings , it took me probably 6 weeks till they were perfect for me 2 up. :D

Click on photos for bigger pics . (Thanks to slartibartfast for showing us this )

The shocks are assembled at the factory based on the info you give them , weight , riding style , weight of pillion and luggage so come set specifically for you , and then with the adjustment available, of which there are plenty , fine tune it to your personal feel .

They come in two colours , the classic that I have , or more of a sportsbike look with red/blue anodised fittings .

You can adjust them for
Rebound , this controls the speed that the spring returns to its original position after being compressed ,
Compression , damping that controls the spring compression when you hit a bump or the squatting under hard acceleration , on my shocks which have the piggyback splits this in to high and low for more adjustment .
Preload , which should be correct from the factory which adjusts the spring tension with a c spanner .

They are fully rebuildable at the factory if needed .

The only bad thing if you like is the price ,starting at 650 euros for the ones without piggybacks, but the way it has transformed my bike , would not hesitate .

Also Jamie has them on his Rocket.

It lifts the back of the bike without being longer than standard , just less sag than standard which shows how soft they are standard .

Nice Sully...makes your bike look like you mean business! What is 650 euros in dollars? Any problem fitting saddlebags with those?

Approx $800 dollars for the ones with out piggbacks , $1400 with the piggyback . Big chunk out of your wages but I just luv em .

I think panniers would be fine as they are not as chunky as original shocks , though im not sure about the piggybacks , but I would think they would . Corbins Beetles might struggle with piggybacks .

Back