which tuneboy tune

FTL40

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket
i will have my tuneboy in a day or 2 and want to know which tune to use, as of now all i have done is the thunderbike exhaust (which has its own cat delete). which tune would be the best?

Frank

In the trading tunes section I would use the stevereddynotune. If you get popping on decel try the smoothdecel or smoothdecel2 tunes.

thanks, i was reading through the tunes and so many are similiar i was not sure which would actually be better. i'll try that out. thanks.

Frank

if, likely so, you have a decel popping take a look at: Link Removed

The closed loop condition that P9r refers to,
If your bike still has an operational O2 sensor, over time some of the popping may return because of the adaptions the ECU picks up in closed loop. I have had success by reloading the tune to reset adaptions.
can be thwarted. The TuneBoy NOW enables you to remove the check mark along side of "O2 Sensor Fitted" [Edit>Tune Constants]. Doing so has eliminated any relearning by the ECM for my bike.

Last edited:
ok sounds good. now i have a problem where i cannot get the ecu seriel. it just gave me fffffff. anyone have nay thoughts on this? i have chose a tune for it, i got no error messages just fffffffff.

Frank

Also double check that you have the correct comm port selected for the cable and make sure you installed the USB to serial cable driver.

i thought i did install it correctly. the light flickers. and the only option it gave me was com 4. i will try it again and see if it works

Frank

Back