Which part number to order

DELETED as I do not want to mislead anyone.
This is the correct R3 cam chain. I think the other model Triumphs may use a smaller chain in link number. I would disregard all sources that suggest they are interchangeable.

Last edited:
thats what we use in the transmissions.
So Borg-Warner 'Morse' cam chains, would you put them in our R3s instead of the stock roller chain and would they match the same with our Roller chain sprockets?

I have a set of APE ACST2300 - Triumph Rocket Three alloy adjustable timing cam gears too and will have to check compatability with BW 'Morse' chain.
ADJUSTABLE CAM SPROCKETS - $69.95 per pair
APE manufactures the original "billet" adjustable cam sprockets. APE sprockets are necessary for precise cam timing to achieve maximum performance. APE sprockets are fully machined on the latest state of the art computerized equipment to precision tolerances and fully heat treated for extra long wear life.
ACST675 - Triumph 675
ACST2300 - Triumph Rocket Three
ACST1050 - Triumph Speed Triple (955/1050)
1602634474543.png

Last edited:
The chains r very strong they r pulling the vehicles. They would have to have matching cam gears and crank gear.
There r many different chains.
One popular one is a double chain that looks like the pic u posted.
Some have round pins and some have d pins.

This is the correct R3 cam chain. I think the other model Triumphs may use a smaller chain in link number. I would disregard all sources that suggest they are interchangeable. They may have used a 'Morse' chain in earlier Triumph models.

Last edited:
Back