When journos have no idea what they're writing about

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
triumph-rocket-3-gets-the-ultimate-bespoke-treatment-150825_1.jpg

Triumph Rocket 3 Gets the Ultimate Bespoke Treatment

And a very *ahem* interesting intake setup - one reason being the MAP sensor setup.

triumph-rocket-3-gets-the-ultimate-bespoke-treatment_5.jpg

"We can probably all agree that Triumph’s malicious Rocket 3 is one hell of a machine! It is brought to life by a monstrous DOHC inline-three engine, with an astronomical displacement of no less than 2,458cc. This fiendish piece of liquid-cooled machinery is perfectly capable of delivering as much as 165 hp at 6,000 revs, while a brutal torque output of up to 163 pound-feet (221 Nm) will be supplied at approximately 4,000 rpm.

A six-speed gearbox is tasked with allowing the powerplant’s ungodly force to reach the rear 16-inch hoop by means of a shaft final drive. Suspension duties are taken good care of by fully-adjustable 47 mm (1.85 inches) forks at the front, along with a single shock absorber on the opposite end. Without going into any other details, it’s quite safe to conclude this beast means business!

As such, I'll bet the craftsmen over at Hammer Kraftrad spend some quality time modifying this two-wheeled behemoth back in 2019. Let’s take a minute to dive in for a closer analysis of their spectacular accomplishments on this exploit. This should give you a clear idea as to what the Kraftrad crew is made of.

For starters, the bike’s stock bodywork was discarded to make room for a selection of bespoke counterparts. These items include a new front fender, an aluminum fuel tank and a handsome front fairing that hosts twin headlights, as well as an alloy tail section, which sits on a custom subframe module.

You will also find a pair of rear-mounted foot pegs that modify the Rocket’s stance. In terms of performance upgrades, the HK team honored the front suspension with fresh springs, while the rear end received dual shocks from Wilbers. Last but not least, the 2,458cc colossus was treated to K&N air filters and a Zard exhaust system that manages to look the business.

And there we have it, folks. What’s your take on this one-off Rocket 3?"

Last edited:
triumph-rocket-3-gets-the-ultimate-bespoke-treatment-150825_1.jpg

Triumph Rocket 3 Gets the Ultimate Bespoke Treatment

And a very *ahem* interesting I take setup - one reason being the MAP sensor setup.

triumph-rocket-3-gets-the-ultimate-bespoke-treatment_5.jpg

"We can probably all agree that Triumph’s malicious Rocket 3 is one hell of a machine! It is brought to life by a monstrous DOHC inline-three engine, with an astronomical displacement of no less than 2,458cc. This fiendish piece of liquid-cooled machinery is perfectly capable of delivering as much as 165 hp at 6,000 revs, while a brutal torque output of up to 163 pound-feet (221 Nm) will be supplied at approximately 4,000 rpm.

A six-speed gearbox is tasked with allowing the powerplant’s ungodly force to reach the rear 16-inch hoop by means of a shaft final drive. Suspension duties are taken good care of by fully-adjustable 47 mm (1.85 inches) forks at the front, along with a single shock absorber on the opposite end. Without going into any other details, it’s quite safe to conclude this beast means business!

As such, I'll bet the craftsmen over at Hammer Kraftrad spend some quality time modifying this two-wheeled behemoth back in 2019. Let’s take a minute to dive in for a closer analysis of their spectacular accomplishments on this exploit. This should give you a clear idea as to what the Kraftrad crew is made of.

For starters, the bike’s stock bodywork was discarded to make room for a selection of bespoke counterparts. These items include a new front fender, an aluminum fuel tank and a handsome front fairing that hosts twin headlights, as well as an alloy tail section, which sits on a custom subframe module.

You will also find a pair of rear-mounted foot pegs that modify the Rocket’s stance. In terms of performance upgrades, the HK team honored the front suspension with fresh springs, while the rear end received dual shocks from Wilbers. Last but not least, the 2,458cc colossus was treated to K&N air filters and a Zard exhaust system that manages to look the business.

And there we have it, folks. What’s your take on this one-off Rocket 3?"
I saw exactly that article and thought well they've got that all wrong.

This appeals to younger people who like cafe racers, very few mature worldly men will appreciate. To the op point of journos not having a clue, article not very accurate, unless they purchased a 6th speed trans from R-111-R Turbo they dont have one in that thang.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the late 70’s when John Deere put the name on everything from bicycles to snowmobiles. 🤮
Or the 2020's when Triumph returned to it's roots.....pedal bicycles and e-bikes as well as motorbikes, t-shirts, and fashions. It is all about the 'T' man! ;) :whitstling: :whitstling:🤔😁
Triumph XCX Mountain bike
1604176917190.png

1604176819492.png

1604176648975.png

1604176589233.png

Last edited:
Or another motorcycle manufacturer that whored it’s name out on everything under the sun. Seems that marks the beginning of the end for them

Kevin’s right again. There ain’t no sixth gear in that bike.:roll: I don’t care for it. Maybe Mighty Mouse is correct, I’m just to old to appreciate it.:(

Back