What tools do you carry?

We had AAA for over 20 years; which included 200 miles of towing... but move after move around the country it became more and more painful to keep my current policy. Fortunately, I found AMA (American Motorcycle Association) and though it's only 35 miles, it saved me (in my classic car) without issue.
-MIG
Great to know!!

I have the Triumph on board tool kit. Ha ... Ha...Ha. A tire puncture kit with 4 canisters of "air" and a can of fix a flat. The most important tool I carry is my Triple A card.
I’ve managed to fit my tyre puncture repair stuff into the mobile phone charging box (tight... but everything fit) ...and yeah, roadside assistance has been my friend in the past. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Only this and some large wire ties.

Attachments

• knipex.jpg
    knipex.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
tools.jpg

This is a great question @stollydriver. I've asked it before and got similar responses. Unless you just ride near home, I think being as self-sufficient as possible makes sense.
I'd rather work on the bike than wait for the two hours it will take for a guy driving a wrecker who's never put a bike this size onto his rig, and probably isn't going to be too careful about it when he does. Then off to a mystery mechanic somewhere I know nothing about. This goes with me everywhere I go. There's a big place for almost all of it under the seat (older bikes, at least). Why not? What do other people use that space for?

Last edited:
tools.jpg

This is a great question @stollydriver. I've asked it before and got similar responses. Unless you just ride near home, I think being as self-sufficient as possible makes sense.
I'd rather work on the bike than wait for the two hours it will take for a guy driving a wrecker who's never put a bike this size onto his rig, and probably isn't going to be too careful about it when he does. Then off to a mystery mechanic somewhere I know nothing about. This goes with me everywhere I go. There's a big place for almost all of it under the seat (older bikes, at least). Why not? What do other people use that space for?
What are those L-brackets on top of the red rag?

I carry a tire plug kit, fix-a-flat and a foot operated pump. I once hit a nail, had it rip out immediately (on the fender) and I was flat in under 100 yards.

On my person I always have a leatherman. I should probably carry a few more things but I do not.

What are those L-brackets on top of the red rag?
Those are for lifting the bike with an ATV or scissor jack.

Even if I have to take it to a mechanic, unless it's a Triumph dealership, and they need to lift the bike, they're going to do it wrong (putting all the weight on the sump). I'll put these on and give them a lesson on how to raise the bike.

Or, if I'm lucky, and I can do the repair mystelf, I'll end up where there is a jack I can borrow.

Not sure how it's done on the newer bikes.

1614512633905.png

Back