What now? (bad idle and poor running)

So, it's been a while and she seems to be running well. If just saying that doesn't cause a problem, I may be out of the woods. So, I think it was a combination of things. The TPS was junk- that definitely made a difference, but I wasn't quite all the way there.

Then, about a week ago I changed the fuel filter. Well, it seemed to idle better and was running good at low RPMs. Once I hit the Interstate though it was kinda "boggy" and not good if I flogged it. Danggggg... Went to work and then on the ride home she was back to her normal badass self.

Since then, it's been pretty smooth sailing, so I wonder if the fuel filter really was part of the problem, if the ECU had been trying to compensate- then, with a new filter flowing fuel more freely, the ECU just needed time to adjust. Is that possible?

That, or, there's another "bad moon on the rise."

So, it's been a while and she seems to be running well. If just saying that doesn't cause a problem, I may be out of the woods. So, I think it was a combination of things. The TPS was junk- that definitely made a difference, but I wasn't quite all the way there.

Then, about a week ago I changed the fuel filter. Well, it seemed to idle better and was running good at low RPMs. Once I hit the Interstate though it was kinda "boggy" and not good if I flogged it. Danggggg... Went to work and then on the ride home she was back to her normal badass self.

Since then, it's been pretty smooth sailing, so I wonder if the fuel filter really was part of the problem, if the ECU had been trying to compensate- then, with a new filter flowing fuel more freely, the ECU just needed time to adjust. Is that possible?

That, or, there's another "bad moon on the rise."

Oh so you got up on the tank amd slapped the kurwa. I keep telling Rick aka 1K9 thats what he needs to do in the twisties :D

So did you put the stepper back on?
Not yet, but I probably will once I'm sure it's all good. I found a guy with a lot of new parts while I was trying to suss all this out, so I have a new stepper (although I now think the old one was probably OK), new coils, the new primary TPS I installed, etc.

If she starts acting up again (please, no) I plan on swapping in a new coil and rotating it around until it's resolved. Once I'm convinced all is well I'll probably put the stepper back on and a PC5 and AutoTune I bought right before all this went down.

Knock on wood - I am going to declare this issue solved. Thank you for everyone's help!

I believe it was a bad Primary TPS and a fuel filter gone south.

I have had a number of good days since I last posted. She's a beast!

So...... who knows how to fix a fuel gauge that doesn't work? @sonny is on it- anyone else? Got ideas? Post here...

Knock on wood - I am going to declare this issue solved. Thank you for everyone's help!

I believe it was a bad Primary TPS and a fuel filter gone south.

I have had a number of good days since I last posted. She's a beast!

So...... who knows how to fix a fuel gauge that doesn't work? @sonny is on it- anyone else? Got ideas? Post here...
did you put the old stepper motor back on?

Back