What is launch control?

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
A hayabusa guy pointed pointed out that my rocket 3r doesnt have launch control hence quarter mile time will be slow

Why does it matter?
is it really that big of a deal to have launch control?

Thanks

I am old school so not having it in control at launch is a pucker moment
lol

I have launched mine pretty hard a few times, and it has never been an issue, just my guess, but the front seems to have enough weight that the front coming up and going to far hasn't been issue, sometimes i get some wheel spin, but a quick slight drop of the throttle and back on again seems to fix it, (running with traction control off). the few sport bikes i have tried, (R1, MT series and such) i put launch control on as it seemed to be the only way to keep the front of the bike under control and not go pointing up to the sky

I'm unfamiliar with Launch Control on bikes, but I know on my wife's Challenger it simply allows someone with less skill accomplish what you can do with more skill. I've used her LC and compared it to a take-off without LC... and I was faster without.
-MIG

Launch control is an electronic aid that controls the amount of torque applied to the rear wheel under hard acceleration from a standing start, preventing the rear wheel from spinning or the bike from wheeling. The bike ECU knows when you are in 1st gear and when you dump the clutch.

Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) is a motorcycle electronic brake control system. It is a lean-sensitive variation of the traditional ABS system Anti-lock braking system. The MSC system uses accelerometers and/or gyroscopic sensors to evaluate how close to the limit of adhesion the motorcycle is cornering.

Back