What helmet is this?

I rarely, well never actually, wear a visor fully closed, as with glasses no matter what antifog, pinlock etc I always get issues.
Have you tried Foggy® Mask | Respro® .

I don't wear glasses but only escaped the propped visor with Pinlock. Back in the days of yore I had a Griffin lid with vents in the 6mm thick visor . nbg in the rain.
My mates with glasses all seem to be moving towards an MX lid - and add a clip on "bubble" type visor - cut down- A thought.

Nah, tried those horrible helmet provided breath guards and Face masks but it is not my breath that causes it is simply warm skin of cheeks eyelids etc sweating and steaming up besides even subzero I like cold air coming in, and if cold I can wear a mask/balaclava if required.

Aah the eBay dealer emailed me today and said the carbon Bell Bullitt got sold in the shop yesterday. Oh well $441 I haven't blown afterall.;):D

Must be a hint. I got an email from New Bonneville in US saying the front stainless brake cable clamps I ordered were now in production and would be 2-3 weeks - there was no mention of that in the listing when selected and paid for so I cancelled the whole order of about US$200. The clamps were US$65, $20 more than Flipmeisters price but I would have saved that + from bundling the postage. Looks like Flip may get my business after-all.

Last edited:
Nah, tried those horrible helmet provided breath guards and Face masks but it is not my breath that causes it is simply warm skin of cheeks eyelids etc sweating and steaming up besides even subzero I like cold air coming in, and if cold I can wear a mask/balaclava if required.
2017-av2214.i22347-kHpbUkR-l2.png

Carbon/Kevlar - 950g

But as you said that was only really bad with the visor down and fully closed and MAY be reduced with a rubber foam sealing/filling strip between helmet's forehead and the visor top edge.
I rarely, well never actually, wear a visor fully closed, as with glasses no matter what antifog, pinlock etc I always get issues.

All true and I did utilize some gaffer tape atop the visor.
Twas a major PITA when frequently using the open-close function! :thumbsdown:
I would never recommend the Bell Bullitt helmet. :thumbsdown:

ime - price is NOT always a real indicator. But my get tells me in this PARTICULAR CASE it might be,

Perhaps higher price does not "always" indicate better crash performance; but I feel it does consistently impact comfort, fit & noise.

Comfort, Fit and Noise - imo - somewhat go together. Key is finding a lid that fits your head shape. My only beef with my current lid (Caberg Duke) is it is not that well "skull" ventilated. A bit warm on Spanish midsummer days - But

Have you seen the Aussie VOZZ helmet? - Too much that I'd want in a lid is not there, but the concept is interesting especially the shape which supposedly eliminates a lot of scope for noise ingress.

Odd how there is a current resurge of old fashioned looking lids. I've been looking at the Nexx XG100 and XG200 as possible "next" lids - as they are really light.

Seems that Nexx is a good helmet.
I be looking hard at the Nexx XT1 as a possible alternative to the Arai Signet X.

I had a NEXX early on - it was a present and was from their cheaper range.
Called the X30 (open lid with a chin bar) - but it had a weird 2-pce visor/facemask that was near useless after a year. So removed the clear bit of the visor and used it with facemask and the internal flip down sun visor. I was sad to have to bin it but things wear out.

I may take a ride to their factory in Portugal next year. One of my UK mates is emigrating to a town that's close.

I had a NEXX early on - it was a present and was from their cheaper range.
Called the X30 (open lid with a chin bar) - but it had a weird 2-pce visor/facemask that was near useless after a year. So removed the clear bit of the visor and used it with facemask and the internal flip down sun visor. I was sad to have to bin it but things wear out.

I may take a ride to their factory in Portugal next year. One of my UK mates is emigrating to a town that's close.

That sounds terrific!
Perhaps price a XT1 in XL and Hi-Viz?

Back