What did you do to your Rocket today?

I had to start at 200 grit sandpaper and work my way back to this. They have held up up very well.
9C532CF7-5AD9-4712-BCC4-3A8BAE72C12A.jpeg
200 thats where i may have messed up :banghead: probably only take 34 hours this time. They look great

When I bought my 2014 Roadster the wheels did not look very good. I had to go to 200 grit to remove some scars in the aluminum. I had to go up the sandpaper’s into 1200 then polishing compound an finish with White Diamond paste on a rotary ball. It was a lot of work for both wheels.

Change 3, I am not going the powder coating way after all. They want $165 for each wheel and I have to remove the bearing besides the tires. And they can't get to them for several weeks.
So, I will continue cleaning the rim the old fashioned way and then prime and paint them. It will be a couple of weeks before I am done with the rims...

Maybe not a bad price, but i don't have the means to R&R the bearings and a couple of rattle cans is a lot cheaper. Just need to make sure I spray it correctly.
Oh No not rattle can spray! If the wheels are off and tires removed then recondition by sanding and polishing for a much better lasting finish. I doubt you will get a good lasting shine and resistance to weather. Just my opinion it's your bike.

Oh No not rattle can spray! If the wheels are off and tires removed then recondition by sanding and polishing for a much better lasting finish. I doubt you will get a good lasting shine and resistance to weather. Just my opinion it's your bike.
I get the polishing part, but then I have to do it every few months as the aluminum is being taken down to bare metal. the paint will seal it for year as long as I don't damage it.

I get the polishing part, but then I have to do it every few months as the aluminum is being taken down to bare metal. the paint will seal it for year as long as I don't damage it.
Mine are holding up pretty well. I used a ceramic nano coating to seal after the restoration and usually it just needs a wipe down after a few rides. Good luck and post pictures of your work.

Back