What color should I paint it?

PHATDAD

.060 Over
So far I have added 13" apes and braided cables and brake lines to my rocket. My bars are about 3" higher and 3" further back. I ran the wires internally. Only 10 wires on the left hand side! I had to stagger the splices so it wouldn't bind up inside, silicon spray helped too.
I have also added a triumph footboard kit that I bought new on Fleabay for only $129 and a Triumph windshield for $250. I lost about 1 1/2 " of leg room with the boards, they are too high but I will make due. My knees are above the tank now, I feel like I am on a Harley again. :(
With all that savings I think I would like to paint the gray elephant a new color. I was thinking that pearl white would make it look even bigger. I was also thinking about painting the ugly gray engine. I noticed that Dusold Designs painted their entire rocket engine with fancy paint and graphics. Do you think the paint will hold up to the heat?
Should I use some plain old high temp paint such as tractor red, john deere green, catapillar yellow?...I have until spring to figure this out.
Suggestions wanted.
Phatdad

Should I use some plain old high temp paint such as tractor red, john deere green, catapillar yellow?...I have until spring to figure this out.
Suggestions wanted.
Phatdad

Funny all the tractor references...how about one of the TeleTubbie colors for your bike?
:D

Lets see.....A tan leather seat, ape hangers, Caterpillar (sic) yellow engine (high temperature paint of course) and a BRG green tank, tins and fenders........

No comment at this time......:(

Where is that picture of the guy with the apes on the Hardley on the Missouri freeway?????

When I was working for Cat, we shipped mid-size wheel loaders and excavators out of the Belgian plant (maybe out of Aurora ILL as well?) without any paint on the engines. Just a clear coat over bare metal. And that was driven by a pan-european customer survey telling us that our yellow-painted engines looked both agricultural and timeworn !

Jamie

How about painting a big ole Union Jack on both sides of the engine? with the ape hangers and the leather dangling things from bar ends....

At least you wouldn't be mistaken for a Hardley-wanna be:eek:

How about painting a big ole Union Jack on both sides of the engine? with the ape hangers and the leather dangling things from bar ends....

At least you wouldn't be mistaken for a Hardley-wanna be:eek:

When I want to be mistaken for a Harley wanna be I will hop on my Harley.:D

Then ditch the ape hangers...:D

Nothing says Harley then a set of ape hangers...

But to each their own I suppose...

Back