Toystoretom

Living Legend
Shawn has started the website update to the newest V Bulletin version, which has turned out to be quite a bit of work. Some of you may have noticed that the website was down for awhile today, or may have noticed that it defaulted to the base V Bulletin template for a period of time.

He is not completely done with it, the front page feature needs to be installed and none of the custom features we want to put in have been done yet.

Please let me know of anything that doesn't work or is missing. This is a very complicated process and all of our data has been backed up and transferred to the new version. The new version takes care of some "behind the scene" issues that will go unnoticed by most of you, plus there are some new features that we can play with if we like. Many websites never upgrade because the webmaster doesn't have the knowledge or expertise to do it, and you can find examples of V Bulletin out there that are positivley ancient. We are lucky to have Shawn, his biggest problem is that we suck up too much of his time :D.

Stay tuned, by the time we are done R3Owners.net will be easier to use and read, and hopefully more fun!

The choices across the top of the site is different. There is no "Home" choice any longer. Will that all come out in the wash?

The choices across the top of the site is different. There is no "Home" choice any longer. Will that all come out in the wash?

I believe they are coming back soon. Shawn is doing the upgrade but it does take time and as with any software, upgrades rarely go as planned.:)

Did you notice the multiple quote tab next to the regular quote tab on the bottom right of a post? If it works, then I don't know how to use it.:(

Sorry about my grammer guys. My statement should have been: The choices across the top of the site "are" different.

There, now I can rest well tonight.

Shawn's not finished yet. The home page has a lot of custom plug in stuff that needs to be adapted and he is working on that. Once that is ready to go the "Home" and "Forums" buttons will return, along with our home page. Because we are getting close to Christmas, these things may not take place until after the 25th. We will have some new custom features and a small change to our format and look, but don't worry, it will basically be the same and easy to use.

As always, the thing that is giving the most trouble is the photo album... we may have to take it out back behind the shed for a bit :D.

I am liking some of the new features and I see the "Forums" button is back on the top. I got stranded in the photo albums yesterday with no way to get out. :eek:

And where has the spam gone? I have been wondering what Brittney has been up to.

Funny you should ask that... I can forward all the spam you can handle to your personal e mail addy..:eek:

One of the "behind the scenes" features added during this upgrade is a series of programs that help with the spam problem. Right now we have several layers of protection and so far they seem to be working....

We should be back to about the same place we were before the upgrade, with a few extra features. The photo album, while it works better than just about anyone else's. still has an issue or two but nothing major and we will work on that after Christmas. We also have a few style changes in mind, and a really cool feature that I think will become a very popular part of this site.

Shawn's going to take a little time off for his job (what's up with that?) and Christmas and then more things will start to happen! Stay Tuned!!

Back