Weather Stripping Gap in Headtub Box?

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
I took off the windshield and front cover in the head tub area to look at the wires and try to work a bit extra slack for some handlebar riser blocks. I noticed the weather stripping has a large gap in the lower area (see below). Wondering if this is intentional and why the gap? Maybe I got a Friday bike and the assembler was on the last of the weather strip spool; not wanting to open another spool…could be any reason, but wanting to know if this gap is common amongst other owners on here.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpeg
    IMG_2662.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 37
There was an earlier post about this, so you're not the only one @Jay. Some people thought it was intentional to allow water that leaked in to run out.🤷🏼‍♂️
Thanks. I tried finding a similar post on the weather stripping, but failed and assumed none existed. Will look again rather than starting “another oil thread.” 🤦‍♂️

I took off the windshield and front cover in the head tub area to look at the wires and try to work a bit extra slack for some handlebar riser blocks. I noticed the weather stripping has a large gap in the lower area (see below). Wondering if this is intentional and why the gap? Maybe I got a Friday bike and the assembler was on the last of the weather strip spool; not wanting to open another spool…could be any reason, but wanting to know if this gap is common amongst other owners on here.
Mine's like that but with a smaller gap at the bottom and I was thinking the same thing about it being there for a drain. 🤷‍♂️

Mine's like that but with a smaller gap at the bottom and I was thinking the same thing about it being there for a drain. 🤷‍♂️
For that water that drains uphill. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 There are so many holes on the bottom of the box draining is not the issue.

I still scratch my head trying to figure out what their line of thinking was. A drain at the bottom? So if it rains and you're trying to get home on the Rocket at any speed the rain shoots up into the bottom of the box and soaks all the components but when you park your Rocket it drips to the bottom and out the opening? There should be no openings at all. Water damage will and is going to be a problem if it gets in. The entire box should be water tight. I don't get it. :confused:

Back