Warped Front Rotors?

Hey, my first post and I believe he is onto something here. I've done many more track days than road miles and think your buttons on the floating rotors may be locked up as said. Take some brake clean and spray them until they float back and forth. Have had to do this many times with good results. Cheap fix -hope it works. It's only brake dust.

I was able to get slight movement on the pins, I'm not sure how much I should have, I'll get some brake clean tomorrow and between that and my compressor try to clean them out.
Thanks!

BGentrys Rocket was actually parked at the same dealer having the detent spring replaced, I checked out the rotors on his bike, They looked the same to me :confused:

(I was gonna swap them but I didnt have any tools! :D )

I picked up my bike, started riding home and didn't have any front brakes! WTF Jim! Hooligan! :D

Having a new front tyre fitted can cause Rotor distortion.. if the tyre fitter doesn't mount the wheel correctly on the tyre press..
I always run RED tape around the rotors at tyre change to remind the heavy handed B*&^%rds to take care of my Brake Rotors..:rolleyes:

Having a new front tyre fitted can cause Rotor distortion.. if the tyre fitter doesn't mount the wheel correctly on the tyre press..
I always run RED tape around the rotors at tyre change to remind the heavy handed B*&^%rds to take care of my Brake Rotors..:rolleyes:
Good point Dennis I always Watch them myself:)

Tyre fitters sound expensive I'll be watching them a lot more closely in the future

Rest assured Pete if they distort your rotors they will aggresively deny responsibility thats why I red tape around the edge of mine every time.. to remind them and indicate I am watching ;)

When I had my front tyre changed recently both rotors where taped and the shop owner personally changed the tyre so it had the desired affect :)

The rotors getting hot won't necessarily cause them to warp. BUT, if you get a rotor real hot then cool it real fast i.e. going through a puddle of water,,, that will cause them to deform.

Back