want to change pipes

I’m pleased to hear the Carpenter pipes get hot. I thought I might be the only one with a warm right leg with the Viking system. :roll: It’s worth it every bit.

jet Hot you can touch it, quickly but you can touch it, much cooler than the cam cover. You must research this topic before ripping off oem headers, only because you said affordable and as stated above in previous post, in the magnifying glass click it, and for topic put in headers, exhaust pipes, paul bryant viking pipes, lms performance product, ces, carpenter, ramair as stated above. You can search @Paul Bryant, @ozrider, so there’s a start for you. welcome, if you need help just ask for links, different videos are out there pictures of all the systems we have some of the best builders in the world making pipes for the rocket, so go slow and take in all the advice you can as people told me what i would get by what I said I wanted but know I had to spend money on different stuff to realize they were right, @Steel @warp9.9 , good luck to ya

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 23
Yesterday i purchased a rocket III roadster my first experience with the rocket. I need information on pipes something affordable and will I need to reprogram the ECU, and how do I go about doing that. Need help. Thanks in advance.

Triumph Off Road known as TORs and D&D, both twin mufflers, eliminate the the stock pipes with the Cat inside. Unfortunately both are out of production. These 2 are the most economically priced. Finding them on the Forum or Ebay is possible with diligence and patients. Also the cross over pipe should be replaced with one made by Paul Bryant. Paul can provide anything from the header, cross over and mufflers. His are not cheap, but are top notch material and his production is art. Priced like art, but worth every penny.

If only installing the slip on mufflers the stock intake is adequate. With anything more than the TORs or D&D slip on muffler, a RamAir filter is going to be needed to take advantage of the power on tap if you install a full system. I have TORs on my bike and the RamAir filter with a full dyno tune. The power increase is good with this set up.

Last edited:
Hi @Steel,

Would you please post some pictures of the generic heat shields you have.? Do you have a link to them as well ?

Thanks.
With the 2 rear pipes covered it works.

20180225_131720.jpg

I thought covering all 3 looked better.

20180302_154907.jpg

You can also get them in chrome.

20180214_093639.jpg

I got them on Ebay for about $12 each. 10.6 inch heat shield. This is the closest I could find with a quick search they are chrome 268 mm. Chrome Steel Curve Motorcycle Exhaust Pipe Burn-Proof Plate Heat shield Cover | eBay

Last edited:
Back