want to change pipes

jcrowder

.020 Over
Ride
triumph rocket 3 roadster
Yesterday i purchased a rocket III roadster my first experience with the rocket. I need information on pipes something affordable and will I need to reprogram the ECU, and how do I go about doing that. Need help. Thanks in advance.

Yesterday i purchased a rocket III roadster my first experience with the rocket. I need information on pipes something affordable and will I need to reprogram the ECU, and how do I go about doing that. Need help. Thanks in advance.
Luckily the lowest priced full system will also get you the most HP, and sounds great. Carpenter Racing
If you download TuneECU and get the cable for $20 you can go to the resources section and download a tune.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge amassed here and you have asked for information on a couple of very hot topics that we have been tossing back and forth for a long time.
There aren't gobs of choices on exhaust that are affordable. I don't know what pipes are currently in production for our bikes. My bike came with DandD pipes on when I got it and I like them a lot. In my opinion ANY exhaust that eliminates the cat is a big improvement over stock. Ebay may be your best bet.
For best performance and safety your engine will need to be tuned after intake and/or exhaust modifications. I'm just getting familiar with tuneECU. It is an affordable and effective tool to reprogram your bike with a canned tune (one that already exists for modifications similar to yours) or to write your own.

It would really help everyone help you if you included what year Roadster you purchased, especially as the 2.5 litre model is a completely different beast to the earlier ones, and there were ECU changes between 2010 and 2019. Also, many people refer to pre 2010 models as Roadsters, when they’re not.

It would really help everyone help you if you included what year Roadster you purchased, especially as the 2.5 litre model is a completely different beast to the earlier ones, and there were ECU changes between 2010 and 2019. Also, many people refer to pre 2010 models as Roadsters, when they’re not.
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention mine is an 2018 model with 31 miles on it. I drove form Jackson Mississippi to Omaha Nebraska this weekend to pick it up at Dillon Brothers Motorsports. i haven't even rode it yet, but I know I have to have pipes do not like the sound. P.S. nearly 2000 miles

The exhaust that will give you the best power for your dollar is the Carpenter pipes but remember you will have to eliminate the stock intake system(which anyone with half a brain does right away) and install K&Ns, Ramair or some other better breathing system.
Slip-on pipes will give you a few more ponies at the best the full systems will really open the bike up but remember the full systems get hot hot hot and did I say they get hot
I have the Carpenter sidewinder on my 2011 bike and the TORs(Triumph off Road ) on my 2018 bike both sound good in fact anything sounds better than the stock sewing machine exhaust.

Back