Viking Crossover-This ain't no Harley

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
I ordered a Crossover from @Paul Bryant at Christmas. Spring came late and as soon as I had the bike out of storage and cleaned up I was riding. Today I got around to installing the crossover. The hardest part of the whole job was cleaning the back wheel after taking off the bags and the pipes.

I have stated before that I just want the natural performance this bike is capable of. Today was a great step in that direction. Installing the crossover is like taking the cork out of the bottle. This crossover with the TORS is a great combination. I still have a Ramair ready to install. It may happen tomorrow if the rain continues.

Paul does a great job of manufacturing this pipe. It fits like a glove.

As I went for a test ride this afternoon I had a car in front of me and a Harley in front of the car. As we set at a light the Harley gassed the bike releasing the roar of his engine. I thought what the h@ll so I gunned the throttle. The guy on the Harley jerked his head around just looking at me. I looked at him and thought," Yup this ain't on Harley."

Bill,

I want to start off by saying that was a great video. Informative, good audio, great description of the product (photo of how it splits the exhaust flow) and including how you lift the beast with your home made tool was a bonus. Just seeing the route the exhaust has to take to get out of the old crossover has convinced me.... I need one.

BTW, you're a natural in front of the camera..... Have you ever considered running for state senator. You'd get my vote bud.... and I'm a Canadian!

PUT THE RAMAIR ON!!!!!!! TOO!!!!

My bike is put away right now but is the original box affair the lowest part of the underside of the bike when tipped over too far?

Bill,

I want to start off by saying that was a great video. Informative, good audio, great description of the product (photo of how it splits the exhaust flow) and including how you lift the beast with your home made tool was a bonus. Just seeing the route the exhaust has to take to get out of the old crossover has convinced me.... I need one.

BTW, you're a natural in front of the camera..... Have you ever considered running for state senator. You'd get my vote bud.... and I'm a Canadian!

PUT THE RAMAIR ON!!!!!!! TOO!!!!

Gregger thanks for the kind words. The cut a way picture is one I stole from Paul.

Run for Office? No thanks I am to opinionated and have a tendency to tell the truth.

Now out to the garage to get out the RAMAIR.

Hi Bill,
I would have liked to see the wheels before and after - I think I have a similar issue. Mine are seriously oxidized.

+1 for Ramair - sitting on my list for improvements.

Was lucky to get out today with the trouble and strife and she is loving it, also wants to get the bike looking good.

Back