dw_raider

.020 Over
I just started to notice a vibration on my bike at idle but when I pull in on the clutch it goes away almost as if the clutch is dragging I tried a minor adjustment at the lever but no improvement it stays the same!!! Do you know what it is :?: it is shifting in and out of gear fine :roll:

dw raider

I just had mine in the shop for the same issue. It sounds and feels like a low rumble, not a fast vibration. My dealer said that they couldn't find anything wrong. Mine started after they replaced the tds unit last august.
It hasn't got any worse but it is still there. I also have an intermitent vibration in 5th gear. so bad some times i can feel it in the footboards. My left mirror gets fuzzy while my right one is clear. I'm thinking the throw-out bearing and not the tranny. My bike is still under warranty so at least this problem is documented.

MarkC

Markc, my 07 classic is in the shop getting clutch work done, upgrade, heavier springs, push rod etc. I had a vibration also, could feel it in floorboards and handlebars, I noticed it around 2000 rpm, take two fingers and take the endplay out of the clutch lever when you feel the vibration, bet it goes away.

markc said:
dw raider

I just had mine in the shop for the same issue. It sounds and feels like a low rumble, not a fast vibration. My dealer said that they couldn't find anything wrong. Mine started after they replaced the tds unit last august.
It hasn't got any worse but it is still there. I also have an intermitent vibration in 5th gear. so bad some times i can feel it in the footboards. My left mirror gets fuzzy while my right one is clear. I'm thinking the throw-out bearing and not the tranny. My bike is still under warranty so at least this problem is documented.

MarkC

the throw-out bearing is located at the front of the cluch
and there for pull the cluch to release the tension from de spring load
If you press the lever to remove the slack you should stop earing the noise and vibration

The worst thing it could happend is you won't be able to use your clutch anymore
you gone a have to run it without using the cluch to get to the dealer
and keep a good distance in front of you to get there

bike car truck are hall the same

For the vibration in 5th gear ««when decell ??»»
mind started out at 3700 rpm and got worst and worst until I could hear and feel the grinding

I had no vibration and noise when twisting the trotle (up in rev's)
But vibration when decel

It was the Torsional Damper Bearings
that was sarting to go bizurk
http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?p ... ht=#182063
and i hope it's not that Mark C

MARK: this is the exact reason why I love this forum... I thought that my left mirror was a little fuzzy and thought maybe that was normal, didnt mention it to anyone, the right is NOT fuzzy.
Bizarre.
My only fear is that I have discovered little oddities about the bike, and I', afraid to take it to the dealer because sometimes they fix one thing, and mess up another.
Does that make sense? Mine is also under warranty.

My tachometer housing vibrated a lot more than the speedometer, took it to the dealership, the monkeyed around with it for a while, did God knows what, it seemed fine for about 20 miles and then it started happening again. I just dont look at it so much anymore, have to force myself to avoid it,,,, too weird on the eyes... and I've given up trying to FIX it so that its perfect. Perfect is just not gonna happen. Good luck!

My rocket is done, finally!!!! 3 weeks to the day. I can't wait to get a hold of her!!! Replaced clutch parts, cam chain tensioner, etc. Oh how I missed her. I work a lot of hours and that bike is my sanity!!!! :D :D :D

Back