Vacuum hose cap question

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Hello gents- so the answer to this must be in a post somewhere, but ****ed if I can find it. I just pulled the stock air box and plan to install K&Ns. I've also removed the charcoal canister. Now I'm ready to cap off the vacuums on the intakes, but I have questions.

Standing on the right side of the bike and looking at the throttle bodies I see 7 vacuum attachments- two on each intake, plus a third on the intake located at far left. I'm guessing that for each intake you are to plug the one on the left side (again, viewing from the right side of the bike) that went to the canister.

The ones on the right seem to go collectively to the vacuum contraption that was bolted to the original air box. I should leave that as is- yes?

How about the extra one (there are three on that intake) at the far left- plug it too?

I successfully removed the secondaries without dropping a screw into the engine. Going to replace the fuel filter and check the valves, replace the plugs, load a new tune, and balance the throttle bodies. I have the TORs, so the plan is to use R3R_slip.hex with the 2780 K&Ns.

I just wanna make sure that I have the vacuum lines sorted out correctly and would appreciate any and all advice. Pictures if you got 'em would be a bonus.

I've put off going the K&N route, but now that I'm due for a valve check and plugs and having fiddled with those **** tiny hard to reach clamp screws to the original snorkle system, I am certain that I don't want to try to put all that crap back on. Besides, it's nice to be able to see what all is under the hood and make adjustments whenever needed with easy access.

Many thanks in advance - Blake

Remember as well, you'll now have a second loose hose coming from the gas tank that used to run into the EVAP canister. I capped it off under the tank and left the other one to act as a vent.

Emission removal

This thread may help/

bob
Bob to the rescue- thanks for that link and Claviger for the tip about also capping the tank.

So, "recapping" what I learned.......

• Four 5/32nd" caps (or "tits," if you prefer ;-) - two on #3 throttle body and one each on #1 and #2.
  • I just used 1/8" caps and they worked well too.
  • The manifold air pressure sensor connects to the vacuum tubes on the right side of each throttle body (when viewed standing on the right side of the bike). Keep.
  • Run a new overflow line from the roll over valve to the ground and cap the tank where the second loose hose used to run into the EVAP canister.

I'm looking forward to seeing how she runs with the secondaries removed and the K&Ns. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
Remember as well, you'll now have a second loose hose coming from the gas tank that used to run into the EVAP canister. I capped it off under the tank and left the other one to act as a vent.
OK, you have me confused (nothing new). I thought one hose from the tank runs through the tip over valve and vents the pressure in the tank to the evap canister and the other hose is nothing more than a drain line for the area on top of the tank filler neck. I have both lines running to lower drain area. Which one did you cap?

All I did was after taking the hose from the roll over valve to the evap canister off was to run a line from the roll over valve to drain to the ground. The other hose I left alone.

bob

Back