V vs H Tire Rating

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Lots of folks here insist you should only run V rated tires on the Rockets. Lately I went to Shinko on the 3R and have been happy with them, but they only have an H rating. There've been some posts recently on tire choices for both the 2.3 and 2.5s and the V vs. H rating has come up.

Here's a good explanation of the difference. I don't ride at super high speeds, I'm grunting around the twisties. Based on this article, and my experience, the "H" rating is just fine- probably for 99% of us....

What do you think?

Depends on your riding, I go for Z on the bikes I can get them for, I've got several that will do 150+. The ones that don't, they get V, but I rarely do highway cruising anymore, but enjoy the occasional blast.

Depends on your riding, I go for Z on the bikes I can get them for, I've got several that will do 150+. The ones that don't, they get V, but I rarely do highway cruising anymore, but enjoy the occasional blast.
"the "H" rating is just fine- probably for 99% of us...."
I've got several that will do 150+
You're a one percenter then. 🤛 I've never been that fast, except taking off in a plane.

Last edited:
Back