Updated tune after Viking Crossover

After adding the crossover, TORs and the Ramair I am running the Touring Tune by Nels on my R3T. It was done around the TORs and Ramair on the touring. Although I have the added crossover as a extra item, it seems to run fine and is very smooth. I'm not sure the crossover has leaned things out that much, but I could be wrong. It certainly has demonstrated it is lean by running hot or excessive heat of the pipes. The Power--Tripp tune I was running first was running Rich. So much so you could smell it with some decel popping. No more decel and very smooth.

My advice fwiw... if you think its lean, dont settle for it...get it on the dyno and get it sorted...lean, as we know, is not good for valves.
Seriously....
I had suspected my tune was a tad lean so went ahead and got it dyno tuned thru my PC5...it was 15% lean low down in the tune!!That is valve burning territory so i'm so glad i had it done...didnt know! and couldn't without the dyno tune.
At the end of the day it's cheap insurance.

Looked at Tune ECU and didn't find tune specifically for after adding the Y-Pipe to a machine already modded w/ filters and TORS. I went an looked at the video again and it didn't look like he made any changes after adding the Y-pipe.
I'm already running a derestricted tune from HansO for TORS and upgraded filters. I'm just asking if anyone changed tunes specifically to address the addition of a Y-pipe after already making the aforementioned upgrades.
Screenshot_20181125-094510_Chrome.jpg

Dude ! @Stillserving - almost criminal you are so close and not take the bike for a dedicated dynamometer map.

I rode my Rocket up to MRP Motorsports in Pasadena -- Kenny knows his stuff, and will get you in and out. Catch though, you'll need Power Commander to work with him. He'll do Tune ECU -- but it'll cost more simply because of the time required to measure, shut down to load a modified map, restart and remeasure, shut down to load a revised map, and so on. Power Commander works on the fly.

If you're happy with one of the generic maps -- happy is all that matters.

I would drop him a line, but I do not believe that Ulf Penner would post a Map without adjusting the the fuel tables for the crossover on his Dyno.

I don't either. The map I found that MIGHT be it would be" Roadster_20773Map_Opti.hex" but it doesn't specifically say anything about crossover and we all know what happens when we ASSUME! Not trying to be argumentative w/ anyone, just wanting to make sure!

Besides, I don't seem to be the only one w/ this question.

Dude ! @Stillserving - almost criminal you are so close and not take the bike for a dedicated dynamometer map.

I rode my Rocket up to MRP Motorsports in Pasadena -- Kenny knows his stuff, and will get you in and out. Catch though, you'll need Power Commander to work with him. He'll do Tune ECU -- but it'll cost more simply because of the time required to measure, shut down to load a modified map, restart and remeasure, shut down to load a revised map, and so on. Power Commander works on the fly.

If you're happy with one of the generic maps -- happy is all that matters.

Joesmoe, I most definitely am going to get it dyno'd when I get a chance. Was thinking about Kenny, but didn't really want the extra piece of gear (and cost) in the PC-V if I could get it done w/ Tune ECU. Haven't even called those guys yet to chat as I just got the crossover installed and was waiting till I got that piece of the puzzle in so as not to have to go back and forth.

I'm also waiting to hear what happens w/ Delaware Rider if he takes his up to Tommy in Jersey and gets his done- hoping w/ Tune ECU. I fully understand the on the fly adjustments w/ the PC-V vise the start-stop-load, start-stop-load, etc of Tune ECU. A little extra time doesn't bother me as long as the extra time and cost on the dyno doesn't approach the cost of just buying a PC-V!

I have Tors and just bought a Ramair and a crossover. It’d be awesome if ULF’s Tune Ecu map is for this setup. Can any German speakers help us out by emailing him or giving us the verbiage to send him?

Last edited:
I am sorry.
The tune on the website will be too lean with that.
I make my living tuning bikes. Part of my business is manufacturing crossover pipes and tuning them on my dyno.

But you can use the Tune-ECU Map as a basis and add 10-15 % fuel at wider throttle openings to already get a good result and be on the safe side.

Back