Updated tune after Viking Crossover

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
I was running my '17 Roadster w/ triple K&N's and TORS and a HansO tune. I just added a crossover from @Paul Bryant that I bought from ratsidecar. Just installed it and LOVE it. My question is how many of you w/ similar setups updated the tune to reflect the change or is it not even needed? I posted in the tune section and NO ONE has replied that they have such a tune for this combo so I'm thinking that nothing more needs to done. Sound about right?

It never cease's to amaze me the responses that I get from people after they have fitted this Roadster/Touring cross over pipe.

Many people out there have said that the stock cross over pipe/box is not restrictive and that there is no need to replace it, well O.K. keep your stock unit, I don't mind.

But when you look inside that Stock unit ................ o_O

IMG_0619B.jpg

I have ram air D&Ds on my touring with the standard derestriction turn for tune Ecu and have added his crossover pipe that seems to run pretty good but I know there is a lot more in this bike. I’m taking it to extreme performance the end of December in New Jersey to let them tune it. The reason I’m telling you this is because when I added the crossover pipe from Viking I posted the same thing you did and Never got a reply.

I have ram air D&Ds on my touring with the standard derestriction turn for tune Ecu and have added his crossover pipe that seems to run pretty good but I know there is a lot more in this bike. I’m taking it to extreme performance the end of December in New Jersey to let them tune it. The reason I’m telling you this is because when I added the crossover pipe from Viking I posted the same thing you did and Never got a reply.

The tuning part of the forum seems to have died a death since Hanso’s taken a well deserved rest .
I managed to get an early tune from the tune Ecu site after some great advice here as I was looking in the wrong place!
I understand if guys are a little reluctant to share their tunes after spending big bucks to get them , but not all of us have the funds or access to a tuner with the knowledge to get the best out of the Rocket.

An improvement over stock crossover will likely have smoothed out your existing HansO tune for TORS and K&Ns which was likely to be safely rich, so now a little leaner with improved flow and a good increase in power and due to better flow and ECU response limits it smooths it overall as well. A Great RESULT!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this thing and it definitely breaths, sound, and runs much better. The first time I saw the inside of the stock box, I knew it needed to come out!

Delaware rider, I saw that you posted up in the thread that Steel had about talking to Tommy up there. I am VERY interested to see what comes of it. They're only about 3 1/2 hrs from me so keep us updated.

I was running my '17 Roadster w/ triple K&N's and TORS and a HansO tune. I just added a crossover from @Paul Bryant that I bought from ratsidecar. Just installed it and LOVE it. My question is how many of you w/ similar setups updated the tune to reflect the change or is it not even needed? I posted in the tune section and NO ONE has replied that they have such a tune for this combo so I'm thinking that nothing more needs to done. Sound about right?

Looked at Tune ECU and didn't find tune specifically for after adding the Y-Pipe to a machine already modded w/ filters and TORS. I went an looked at the video again and it didn't look like he made any changes after adding the Y-pipe.
I'm already running a derestricted tune from HansO for TORS and upgraded filters. I'm just asking if anyone changed tunes specifically to address the addition of a Y-pipe after already making the aforementioned upgrades.

Last edited:
Back