Unifilters in the rain?

I was wondering if the breathing would be affected under the B/C....I have been contemplating drilling holes in the B/C ,but that would let water in.
Still, it would still be better than a wholely unprotected set of Unis, I guess, re rain. :?

Heavy downpours would be an issue, but light rain will just be injested [and keep the carbon off pistons :lol: ]
I wouldn't sweat it unless you get lots of rain.

That looks like Frank the 6ft rabbit(Donnie Darko film) on your Avatar there :lol:

Mate, in Tassie , you can find the weather changing every half hour, so rain can be an issue...I wonder if K&N's are more resilient to rain? :?

jefff1 said:
:D I've had my Unifitlers on for the last 20k since 2006 and my dealer jokes that the only time I ride is in the rain...I've ridden through monsoons and every kind of moisture on down with no problem...I run them under the standard BC...no problems

I assume you still have to move the radiator overflow reservoir? Under the side cover or under the seat?

Owl posted a groovy reservoir recently that bolts to the frame .I think its better to be able to monitor the fluid level without having to take off side covers and seats

My BC has been off for 2 months.

It's pouring down rain right now.

Back